Installing a rear camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the forum and a new Tahoe owner (-01 LT) Im going to install a rearwiev camera and was wondering if anyone here has done it?

I was thinking about mounting it up where the 3rd brake light is so to get a good overwiev picture, to se where the truck is compared to whats behind it.

Does anyone know a good way get the cables inside the car, was thinking about going through that 3rd brake light, but then I guess I have to drill a hole in it or something.. Any ideas?

PS: You migh be wondering why I need a camera for this car, but im from Europe and our citys and parking lots are not build for Amercian fullsize trucks ;)

English is not my native language so I apologize for any bad spelling etc :)

/TJ

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the forum and a new Tahoe owner (-01 LT) Im going to install a rearwiev camera and was wondering if anyone here has done it?

I was thinking about mounting it up where the 3rd brake light is so to get a good overwiev picture, to se where the truck is compared to whats behind it.

Does anyone know a good way get the cables inside the car, was thinking about going through that 3rd brake light, but then I guess I have to drill a hole in it or something.. Any ideas?

PS: You migh be wondering why I need a camera for this car, but im from Europe and our citys and parking lots are not build for Amercian fullsize trucks ;)

English is not my native language so I apologize for any bad spelling etc :)

/TJ

Here is an idea. There are so many cracks and places to run wires, you don't have to drill anything!

http://www.hmiinternational.com/prod.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill

Latest posts