Installed Pioneer AVH-8400BH Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right.....so I can hook it up like the 4400. I have the same bypass but for the 4400. With the one that you mentioned. Is the double tapping of the PB needed.

No. the last 2 4400's I've installed is still the same relay as before.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....Ive been on the fence about the 8400

The only thing good about the 8400 is the iPod/iPhone interface. However, it no longer works with my iPhone 5 because of the connector. It still works fine with my iPad and iTouch though. To be honest, I would have been fine just sticking with my 4400.

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
That makes sense. Just thinking about the sharper resolution, Extra USB port. I still have the 3G and iPhone 4 which I use for my music. It's cool though.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the 4400 and 8400 the same plug? As in since i already wired up my 4400 with xm and onstar. I really like the idea of being able to play movies in the back and listen to my tunes.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing good about the 8400 is the iPod/iPhone interface. However, it no longer works with my iPhone 5 because of the connector. It still works fine with my iPad and iTouch though. To be honest, I would have been fine just sticking with my 4400.

I'm assuming they make a wire now that will be compatible with the iPhone 5 just like they have that is compatible with the previous iPhones (and current iPad, iTouch,...)?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. Just thinking about the sharper resolution, Extra USB port. I still have the 3G and iPhone 4 which I use for my music. It's cool though.

Never notice the resolution difference. It's a 7in screen driving 80mph... lol

Extra USB port is nice. I've only used it once or twice, and one of those times was to do a write up here http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41972

Are the 4400 and 8400 the same plug? As in since i already wired up my 4400 with xm and onstar. I really like the idea of being able to play movies in the back and listen to my tunes.

Yes. However, the Ipod cable is difference since it incorporates the iPod functions more.

I'm assuming they make a wire now that will be compatible with the iPhone 5 just like they have that is compatible with the previous iPhones (and current iPad, iTouch,...)?

no-meme-rage-face.jpg

Hopefully they will soon though. I can still do music of Bluetooth though.

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...point taken. I guess it's just to say I got it. Until then....I'm sticking with the 4400.

Yup. I had the 4400 for 1 week and then had a chance to sell it for exactly what i bought it for and got a deal on the 8400 so I jumped. A week later I was thinking what else I could have done with that money...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv