Install 4 rigid industries d series lights in place of factory fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have searched through the forum and have not seen many posts about this. I have ordered mounting brackets from KD Fabworks to replace the factory fog housings on my 2019 Tahoe LT. The brackets allow you to install ether 2 rigid industries d series lights per side or 2 Baja designs squadron lights per side.
I have opted to install (2) rigid d series SAE/DOT and (2) d series pro flood pattern. The SAE/DOT approved lights will allow improved on road lighting without blinding oncoming traffic and the d series pro in flood pattern should provide great driving light on country roads/ farm roads etc when blinding on coming traffic is not a concern. I will wire the SAE/DOT approved light to the factory fog switch and will install a dedicated switch for the additional auxiliary lights. I plan to do the install this weekend and will post photos and step by step on the install after.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
C10CE9B2-C99E-4ECA-B7D8-9DAC01C459DA.jpeg 01C626A4-F1E4-4869-BA87-D0A19EFD82DE.jpeg Finished the install and I couldn’t be happier with the final product. Install was very easy and straight forward, even for me (very limited mechanical knowledge). I used a plug and play harness from Starkey products H16 to deutch to plug the Rogid SAE/DOT fogs into my factory fog light wiring. I did have to use a file to sand away one of the tabs on the h16 adapter to fit the stock PSX26 fog plugs on the Tahoe. I used the wiring harness provided with the rigid lights for the d series pro flood lights and it was very simple. Plug lights in, attach the red wire to the red terminal of battery and black wire to a ground spot and flip a switch. Sorry I didn’t get photos during the install process as I was racing the clock to beat a rain/sleet storm blowing in. I did take “before” photos of the light provided by factory and will take after photos tonight showing the fogs on alone and then both sets of lights on. I am happy to answer any questions and share links for products used.

Jnull

Reaction score
I’m interested to see where you mounted your switch. I’m looking at adding some auxiliary lighting to my newly purchased 16 suburban.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
I’m interested to see where you mounted your switch. I’m looking at adding some auxiliary lighting to my newly purchased 16 suburban.
I haven’t decided where to mount the switch yet, I am taking my time to decide before permanently cutting a hole in my dash. As of now I just have it temporarily zip tied to the diagnostic port near the hood release. Once I decide exactly where I want it I will post a photo.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one could mount it in the following areas...
front cubby next to the USB ports
the lower map pocket on driver side of console

typically i prefer to find a smaller sized replaceable dash panel, rather than cut up the largest area possible ( numerous purchases have had butchered dash panels)

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Please update with night pics...
It is very well lit in my area, I did the install and took the “before” picture at a family members house 45 minutes away. I will upload the photos soon when I have the chance to go back to the same area to take after photos so you can see the difference in the same scenario/area

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
DCEB6552-9C12-4098-B963-C39BC86CE095.jpeg 08D71C78-21AD-45F3-803A-E23162207DF1.jpeg
I took advice from STORMIN08 and found a small panel with plenty of room behind it that will e easy to replace if I ever need to. I don’t have the towing brake package so the area to the right of my lights and 4WD switch was wide open. I left plenty of room doe additional switches in the future if I ever add more lights. I apologize for the poor picture quality, it was getting dark on me quickly. I’m not a big fan of the bright red LED switch but it honestly isn’t as bright in person as it looks on the photo, and is only on while the lights are on... but still, I plan to get some spray or something to “tint” the button so it isn’t so bright.. maybe even some nail polish. Any one have ideas on how to tint/darken the light on my switch without simply replacing the switch I would love your input

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
The small strip where the dimmer, light control and 4WD is its own removable piece of dash separate from the other sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33