Inexpensive obdII scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was gifted a $100 Walmart gift card and was considering a OBD scanner. I have a 99 Tahoe LT and other than reading codes, I would like it to be able to calibrate my speedometer. I know mine is off. Is there a scanner in that price range that will do that? Can I even do it with any scanner for my truck? Thanks. This is a new area for me and really have no clue what I am looking for.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be lots of scanners for under $100. But, I seriously doubt you will find a bidirectional in that price range. You should probably educate yourself on Diagnostic Readers. Google is great for finding groups or people that have gathered that information already and done the comparisons. You will need to spend more for one that will communicate and send commands.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This-https://bafxpro.com/collections/automotive

And This-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=obdhightech.com.chevrolet.chevrolettroublecode.elm327.obd2.chevroletsys.chevroletsysscanfree&hl=en&pli=1

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Innova line myself. They have proven reliable and affordable to me over the last 10 years or so.

mikehooo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the Innova line myself. They have proven reliable and affordable to me over the last 10 years or so.
Will Innova be able to reset my speedometer to correct speed. It’s 10 fast & I’ve still got original tires and wheel sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9