Indash Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo DONE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Question...the GPS is powered by the internet connection from your iPhone?

No, The Galaxy comes with built-in GPS. Navigation works with or without internet connectivity.

I will get you guys a write up, but this week and next week are shaping up to be a traffic jam. I will get it done in a few weeks.

The 2 big ticket items for the install are the Galaxy Tab (I think I paid $199 at BB when it was on sale) and the GMOS04 (I bought it several years ago, but I think it was around $100). I spent less than $40 for the wiring, mounting materials, and custom apps to get it to work properly in the truck.

OklaHemi

Reaction score
that is insanely bad ass. i wonder if it would be that beautiful in mine

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
No, The Galaxy comes with built-in GPS. Navigation works with or without internet connectivity.

I will get you guys a write up, but this week and next week are shaping up to be a traffic jam. I will get it done in a few weeks.

The 2 big ticket items for the install are the Galaxy Tab (I think I paid $199 at BB when it was on sale) and the GMOS04 (I bought it several years ago, but I think it was around $100). I spent less than $40 for the wiring, mounting materials, and custom apps to get it to work properly in the truck.

Thats hot...less than a nav unit and much cooler!

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats hot...less than a nav unit and much cooler!

Its really a no-brainer when you think about it. My last stereo was a Pioneer Avic-Z3 and it retailed for $1800. It played DVDs and had navigation, but that's about it. I have about $300 in this unit and it does so much more!

This thing has the weather forecast on the home screen. Navigation. Netflix, HBOGO, Showtime Anytime, Pandora, Facebook, Calendar event notifications, TuneIn Radio, Youtube, Google video Chat, Gasbuddy (tells you all the current gas prices in your area), Torque (Bluetooth OBDII scanner), 40gb of storage, and a lot more. And GoogleNow works so well, most of the time you can just speak your commands for anything you want to do.
"Open Pandora" "Play music by Spoon" "Give me turn by turn directions to 123 Main St" "Open App Gas Buddy"

If I could figure out a backup camera and handsfree calling through my iphone I would be a happy camper.

Last edited:

bstrang6

Reaction score
How is the audio quality coming through a 3.5 mm jack? Seems like you have lost a lot of functionality when it comes to eq as well

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I've been going back forth over a few things for the Yukon and a head unit is one of them.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the audio quality coming through a 3.5 mm jack? Seems like you have lost a lot of functionality when it comes to eq as well

Its fine. I compared it against my iphone and the Apple devices definitely sound better, but I downloaded an EQ app and it sounds fine. Its not studio quality, but it is good.

The iphone sounded better than my Avic Z3 when I tested with it. I was thinking about an iPad mini, but they dont have built-in GPS and I would have had to cut the bezel up in order to get it to fit.

You can get a device that will take the 3.5mm input and clean it up/adjust audio before sending it to the amp, but the current sound quality is fine with me.

Here is one and its VERY PRICEY: http://www.amazon.com/Audison-Bitone-Processor-processor/dp/B004XVG02E

You definitely cant adujust Fade or balance, but I never mess with that stuff anyway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n