Important Update!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinajm

Reaction score
My Yukon asked to do the update as I pulled into work yesterday. After work I went out to the vehicle and the battery was stone dead. The update drained the battery and said it was an unsuccessful update. Now the engine light is on and the info system says 'service front collision system".

Trying the update again today except I'll check it in an hour before it drains the battery again.

**UPDATE - it worked this time - no update failure**
To prevent the failed updates, I have decided to only do updates at my house where I can connect the vehicle to my home wifi before installing. This method has been succesfull so far.

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To prevent the failed updates, I have decided to only do updates at my house where I can connect the vehicle to my home wifi before installing. This method has been succesfull so far.
That is exactly what I do too.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the update today. HVAC fan-speed issue happened again already - wasn't fixed in this update!
I got the update today...no fan speed fix for me either...shocking...

I did navigate to the Updates portion of the settings and read the key refinements section...baisically said it was an update to make future OTA updates go better. (can't recall the exact verbiage)

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 23 Denali Dmax 4 months ago. My update history shows "No updates to show". Is that normal?
Mine is the same way, picked it up in April. Never had an update that I know of, and when i manually check it states there isn't any.

martinajm

Reaction score
By the time the vheicle gets to the point of asking you to update, the required files have already been downloaded...thats how it works:
It downloads the update in the background then after the files are onboard, it prompts you to do the update...so there is no connectivity required if the system is already prompting you to update.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but a couple of updates ago it failed on me 3 times in a row. I connected to Wi-Fi for the 4th attempt and it worked. Maybe it needs communication to validate or something?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited this one out a couple of weeks from when I got the notification to attempting install - doesn't seem to be causing any issues (or fixing any issues at the user level - description made it sound like it's just backend stuff).

Installed today without a hitch - update said it would take 15min - it took no more than 5min. I'm now up to six OTA updates installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar