Bricked Tahoe after Software Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

509Yukon

Reaction score
I'm now at 26 days at the dealer since a software update bricked my Yukon.

509Yukon

Reaction score
Are they working on it? You are approaching Lemon Law territory? May be time for a discussion w/ the Dealer Service Manager and General Manager; as well as a call to GM Customer Assistance Center.

On day 26 they called to say my Yukon was ready to pick up yet there was a part for another warranty item they were waiting on so I'd need to come back once it is in.

The day after I picked up my Yukon it was 90 degrees outside side and returning to my vehicle as I drove away the AC fan speed randomly idled down. I discovered manually adjusting the fan speed and then hitting auto corrects it, checking this forum I see others also have this condition after software updates. This has occurred every day I have driven the vehicle since, not every time but every day.

I've called GMC customer care twice by phone and expressed my displeasure with the vehicle and the dealer. Some customer service rep called me end of last week to say they were reaching out to the dealer and were noting these things in my file.

My service advisor at Speck GMC in Pasco is great, the service manager not so much. When my Yukon was first towed in the advisor said they would get me a rental car, he called back a few hours later and said I would not be getting a rental per his manager until they were actually "working on it." I called GMC to complain and the advisor called later in the day to say I would getting a rental which I did.

Then about 8 or so days later on a Saturday morning someone at Speck GMC called me to say they were still "diagnosing" my Yukon and waiting for word from GM. He continued to say that as they were not actively repairing my vehicle and waiting on word from GMC, I was not eligible for a loaner or rental per their loan policy and it would need to be returned the coming Monday. I called ********* on it and said first of all General Motors "worked" on my vehicle through their software update and blew up my rig and I have the notifications on my app showing the dealer "worked" on it numerous times after being towed in trying to load software updates in addition to a repair ordered being opened the day it was towed in. This clown wouldn't budge and said it would need to be returned.

And yes, another call the GMC customer care was made. In this call I advised them because of their software issue which has been exacerbated by their dealer's incompetence and lack of customer service I am very likely going to request a lemon law replacement at 30 days.

mtcatgriz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the suggestion. Funny thing is, the day before I did an OTA update and I was in a remote area that didn't have good cellular service and it worked just fine. The day it died, I was in a Publix grocery store parking lot in town with full bars reception both with Verizon and AT&T. I have done 3 other updates in various places with no issues, but this one got me.

Other than the fact I didn't get home for 4 hours after grocery shopping and lost my cold groceries, I was thankful that I was in a large parking lot. If this had happened in my garage it would have been extremely tough to pull the vehicle out of the garage to tow.

Still waiting on dealer service department to call me with any update.
Me too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf