Important Update!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an "Important Update" via my cell phone about an hour ago, I punched the button to update via the infotainment system, went to the Yukon and started it up, clicked on the settings icon and it asked to install the update and directed me to turn off the vehicle and leave it parked (it was in my garage). Said it might take 15 minutes, so I went inside. In about 6-7 minutes I received another alert that the update was successful!. I have no idea what this did as I never had the issue with the HVAC slowing down on startup and my Yukon still blows at high when started after the update, hope maybe it cured those of you that had that issue?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an "Important Update" via my cell phone about an hour ago, I punched the button to update via the infotainment system, went to the Yukon and started it up, clicked on the settings icon and it asked to install the update and directed me to turn off the vehicle and leave it parked (it was in my garage). Said it might take 15 minutes, so I went inside. In about 6-7 minutes I received another alert that the update was successful!. I have no idea what this did as I never had the issue with the HVAC slowing down on startup and my Yukon still blows at high when started after the update, hope maybe it cured those of you that had that issue?
Or....you will now have the HVAC issue when you didn't before! :D

Can you go to your MyGMC app and look at the vehicle update install history and see the update number, and share it w/ us?

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, looks like some others got it also on another forum and there is zero explanation what it is or does.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received that update too. My Yukon was at the dealership for service and I asked them to run the update: big shock. It failed. They have a tech today working to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I received the notice yesterday for my 2021 Tahoe Z71 just as I pulled in the garage after topping off the tank for a trip to Chicago today. As you can imagine, I was concerned that if I downloaded it, what might happen and could cancel our trip. I rolled the dice and downloaded it. No problems from the OTA update and I just wrapped up today's drive (520 miles) with no problems. I don't know and couldn't tell what was updated/changed, but all is well. Got another 5 hours of driving tomorrow, so fingers crossed all will continue to go well.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 23 Denali Dmax 4 months ago. My update history shows "No updates to show". Is that normal?

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon asked to do the update as I pulled into work yesterday. After work I went out to the vehicle and the battery was stone dead. The update drained the battery and said it was an unsuccessful update. Now the engine light is on and the info system says 'service front collision system".

Trying the update again today except I'll check it in an hour before it drains the battery again.

**UPDATE - it worked this time - no update failure**

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar