CarPlay connectivity issues after software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammiemo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate with SuperCruise

After updating to Update N23-2411560 last week, I have issues with the inability for my iPhone to connect via wireless CarPlay on occasion.

After deleting on both my iPhone and the vehicle and re-establishing the connection, it worked for a few days, but this morning it wouldn’t connect again.

Anyone else having this issue? Any workarounds?IMG_2205.jpeg

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, having this issue lately. Tried several things. Cannot pinpiont what fixes it or not...

I "forgot" the phone from the vehicle + "forgot" the vehicle from the phone in both CarPlay and Bluetooth Settings.
Rebooted my phone.
Shut down my vehicle and let it sit for 30 minutes
Reset evething...didn't solve it.

I have had success, when in that screen, to hit options, hit the prompt for disconnecting the phone, then told it to connect again, and Car Play started...but there is definitely something awry...as usual...

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IDK, This technological wonder leaves me wondering a lot. I have the latest firmware OTA installed. The latest issue is that my WIFI connection will not connect to my Android automatically. It connects to my wife's IPhone ok and it has been connecting to the Android for the last year. I called ONSTAR, the connection team, and the advisor told me that I had to connect with a cable. She was correct. Connecting with a cable allows me to connect to the tahoe via wireless. Then I disconnect the cable and the connection stays via WIFI. Yes, the phone is a "Trusted Device". Something changed and it may be on the phone but what?

OP
OP
S

sammiemo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IDK, This technological wonder leaves me wondering a lot. I have the latest firmware OTA installed. The latest issue is that my WIFI connection will not connect to my Android automatically. It connects to my wife's IPhone ok and it has been connecting to the Android for the last year. I called ONSTAR, the connection team, and the advisor told me that I had to connect with a cable. She was correct. Connecting with a cable allows me to connect to the tahoe via wireless. Then I disconnect the cable and the connection stays via WIFI. Yes, the phone is a "Trusted Device". Something changed and it may be on the phone but what?
I keep a cable handy to use when my iPhone won‘t connect on its own, but I haven’t tried disconnecting. I’ve just left the phone connected at that point. I’ve never been able to get my iPhone to connect to the vehicle’s WiFi automatically.

K5-Z71

Reaction score
Similar problem, I couldn't get either of my two Android and Apple devices to connect over WiFi or cable after the latest update.

Disconnected the battery for a minute and it all worked after reconnecting.

This is turning into a standard practice with the truck - it's the same thing we do with the overly computerized aircraft when they act up

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I keep a cable handy to use when my iPhone won‘t connect on its own, but I haven’t tried disconnecting. I’ve just left the phone connected at that point. I’ve never been able to get my iPhone to connect to the vehicle’s WiFi automatically.
Yeah, My Wife's iPhone connects just fine but she can't make a call via Apple Car Play. The message says somehting like "I can't make a call with Apple Car Play. Please try again using Apple Car Play". I don't have this problem with my Android.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I started another whole thread. Same issue here on 23 Denali. Only works with cord to connect to Apple Carplay.

Pimpmyride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having no end of annoying issues using my Apple phone in 2023 ultimate. Also if I’m lucky enough to establish a hands free call via car it doesnt stay connected, but goes back and forth between phone and gmc. But the kicker…. When on a call inside my house and I remote started car to get ready to leave the speaker went to car so I couldn’t hear my call lol, funny not funny! Frustrated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts