I'm Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carterchapman

Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but after owning 3 wonderful Denali's, DFM has run me out of the 6.2 market, chip shortage has run me out of the ease of ordering and getting delivery, and 3.0 availability has me at the Genesis dealer. I'm going to be a new GV80 owner.

I will miss owning a Denali, but GM has run me off. I have a C8, so I can "enjoy" DFM with that.

OP
OP
C

carterchapman

Reaction score
but.....you were so active, we'll miss you :bawl:
Lol! It’s been a pleasure getting advice from you guys - I was usually a good "listener". I was lucky I had great reliability and didn't have much to contribute. P440 code advice was great and replacing the dreaded HVAC flap motors was easy thanks to you all.

I’m at 5200 posts on the Club Sea Ray thread, so I guess that’s where my expertise lies!

Thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a former owner of 2 genesis vehicles (2016 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate and a 2018 Genesis G80 Sport) I can tell you both the purchasing and service experience were atrocious. Even though a lot of dealers are now “Genesis” dealers, its still a Hyundai dealership.

Even the service department is a Hyundai service department…and that was another ordeal. Each repair or recall took at least two visits to fix properly and if you’re banking on concierge service, it not once was able to be used for me. It was a several month wait for concierge pickup, where as a regular drop off service had a 2-3 day wait. I also was never able to get a loaner car, even pre-pandemic

Hyundai make pretty cars and suvs but the dealer experience was the epitome of the ‘shady car dealership’ stereotype.

OP
OP
C

carterchapman

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. I hear you.

Don’t even get me started with my Cadillac dealer and how the service was on my XLR.

This may just be the new dealer standard.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With our previous Cadillacs and GMCs we’ve been relatively lucky with the dealership experiences. Only got burned once when our local NY dealership sold to a new owner who refused to honor prior promotions. Our 2004 Yukon XL came with tires and brakes ‘for life’ but new dealer refused to honor.

I can’t say the same for either of the two Hyundai dealers. So shady and will say anything for a sale. Had to fight with the general manager of the last Hyundai dealership for a check for $2500 since they said that genesis would pay my last 4 payments and genesis basically laughed at me and said I owed the money.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Genesis is a sharp vehicle,but their dealers are 10 years behind other luxury mfgr’s. I liked them till I looked into their dealer network…..Not a chance…..

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered if the Corvettes had DFM, I assumed they would not, now I know.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but after owning 3 wonderful Denali's, DFM has run me out of the 6.2 market, chip shortage has run me out of the ease of ordering and getting delivery, and 3.0 availability has me at the Genesis dealer. I'm going to be a new GV80 owner.

I will miss owning a Denali, but GM has run me off. I have a C8, so I can "enjoy" DFM with that.
Why the rush? What circumstance forced you into a Genesis and not being able to wait a model year or two?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts