I'm On Vacation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two weeks! I’m getting things done now. The video mirror is almost done. I have my console and the monitor for the thermal camera is on order. I’m getting a set of switches to install on the console to hopefully hook up these lights, although I don’t know if they are flashers or actual driving lights. Getting my dash cam installed too. Little over kill because the GPS I have has a dash cam, the video mirror has a dash cam, and then I have an actual dash cam (4k). I also have three backup cams (video mirror, dash cam, and also OEM).

9D693F1E-ED41-4572-BB2B-1FAE2DA8E760.jpeg

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mirror is done. It’s not bad. The front facing camera catches the plastic piece that covers the point where the mirror attaches to the window. You can move the lens around but it’s still these, that’s a little disappointing but it’s not my main dash cam, so no biggie. It’s an interesting unit and a nice toy. I’m glad I didn’t pay anywhere near retail for it.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s last on the list. Mirror was first, then dash cam, then center console, then thermal cam. I think I want to remount the siren speaker. A nice blast from an air horn might be fun to share

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. I don’t know who makes it, but I was going to check in to it. It’s very solid which is great, but it also replaces the whole front plastic bumper, which is something I’m not sure I’m comfortable with

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. I don’t know who makes it, but I was going to check in to it. It’s very solid which is great, but it also replaces the whole front plastic bumper, which is something I’m not sure I’m comfortable with
I liked it because of the recovery points and looks like the parking sensors can drop in. Also looks like a hidden winch install is possible.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought winch too, but I don’t know if a time where I’d need one. It’s 2wd so I’m not going off road…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz