I'm in the market and Advice is needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
So I am in the market for a new vehicle thanks to a deer totaling my toyota 4runner this past weekend on are way back home from church, long story short I can't find to many toyota's here in the east coast they seem a bit sparse here in Indy and coming from California they are abundant maybe because they share the pacific ocean? idk

I've been looking around and my grandfather talks to his dealer that he just got the recent volt all electric and hes got a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL Sport 6.0 Vortec that just came in with 220,000 miles on the odo, I don't know if these engines last 500K like the 5VZ-FE?

Hows the 4wd in these Yukons?

Is there anything I should be looking for when I go and test drive the yukon this coming Thursday?

Does the Throttle Actuator Control Module Serial Data Malfunction?

Let me know if there is anything that I need to know before buying plz

TIA

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hello,
So I am in the market for a new vehicle thanks to a deer totaling my toyota 4runner this past weekend on are way back home from church, long story short I can't find to many toyota's here in the east coast they seem a bit sparse here in Indy and coming from California they are abundant maybe because they share the pacific ocean? idk

I've been looking around and my grandfather talks to his dealer that he just got the recent volt all electric and hes got a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL Sport 6.0 Vortec that just came in with 220,000 miles on the odo, I don't know if these engines last 500K like the 5VZ-FE?

Hows the 4wd in these Yukons?

Is there anything I should be looking for when I go and test drive the yukon this coming Thursday?

Does the Throttle Actuator Control Module Serial Data Malfunction?

Let me know if there is anything that I need to know before buying plz

TIA

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...g-a-00-06-nbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61834/

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
500k, no. 300 is a more realistic number. Quite honestly devil is in the details, who maintained, how much did they do, how far did they go? If the body is in good shape there is alway the motor swap option. You’re looking at a 15 year old vehicle there are bound to be problems, its jyst a matter of who did what and when and i just dont think you’ll find all that info. Rather than the motor id be more concerned about transmission, is it 4wd? Then transfer case and front diff. Maintenance is large chunk of how many miles any used car, or new for that matter, will start to show its age.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck has AWD I believe. As Galante mentors all in who and when it was serviced. I’d guess the price on this rig is fairly low so you may come away with more than you thought. I’d get it checked by your mechanic at this stage of the model run this was a good year.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mentioned the price or shown any pics yet? I may have missed a number somewhere?

OP
OP
N9Shane

N9Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no pictures I did manage to get a price $3,700 sorry about that I thought they had a price listed on the site :/

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you've seen this vehicle, but the Yukon XL is the long wheel base/same as the suburban. The denali has some cosmetic improvements, and its full time AWD. I guarantee your mileage is going down from your 4 runner, 12/13 city - 15/16 highway. If you tow, this should do better than your 4runner.

OP
OP
N9Shane

N9Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Indeed I would like to note that my 4runner had 329,000 mile on it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros