Illuminated Bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That DOES look great. What a great idea- We've come so far from the days of the simple brushed billet aluminum, or custom painted emblems. Very nice.

Reaction score
I have an illuminated bow tie as well, but an having issues finding tutorials for a 2018 Z71 install. Plenty out there for Silverados, but my grill setup is not the same at all. Best I can figure is that I have to remove the whole front bumper assembly as opposed to just the grill, due to the differences in the way it is mounted. Anyone have experience with this?

Reaction score
Was wondering what year your ride is. I have a 2018 Z71, and I can't figure out how to remove the grill as opposed to the entire front end.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remove the grill on these things without removing the entire front bumper cover unfortunately.

OP
OP
S

smithl3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't remove the grill on these things without removing the entire front bumper cover unfortunately.

I didn’t remove my bumper at all. The large front cover plate once you open the hood is all you have to remove to get access. Just remove the dozen or so push clips and remove the plastic cover. It is a little tight sticking your arm down in between the grill and the hood latch assembly, but it is totally doable. You can reach down and release the stock emblem, then drill out the hole needed for the wire on the illuminated one, then feed the wire through the hole and snap the new bow tie in place. I zip tied the wire every 10” or so and routed the wire over to the drivers side headlight area where it is a plug and play setup online with the drivers headlight assembly.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos