I'll just let you guys guess where I'm from

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texxxan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Joe, and yes, yet another damn guy from Texxxas. I joined this forum a couple of months ago right after I bought my 1997 4X4 2 door Tahoe. When I bought it, it had a miss while idling and in bumper to bumper traffic. It would smooth out while driving though. I did a complete tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pvc valve, oil change, and air filter). After all that, it did run better but still missed at idle and in bumper to bumper traffic.
After lots of searches on this forum, I came to the conclusion that my problem was the spider injection. This past weekend I changed the upper and lower intake gaskets and spider injection. First time for me to do anything like this. Thank God for this forum and YouTube. I media blasted the lower intake, upgraded to multiport fuel injection, painted the valve covers, etc. I took my time, labeled all connectors, and placed all bolts and nuts in labeled zip lock bags.
Anyways, thank you all so much. It really helped reading posts on here. I felt more comfortable doing this upgrade. I have also added the 4 hi headlight bulbs, newer 18" chevy Z71 wheels, cleaned the blower motor area. I would have never known about any of this if not for y'all and this great forum.
Sorry about my novel here. I just wanted to share what I have learned and done.

20190415_182254.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Joe!!

I love your 97 2 door Tahoe! Nice color.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of Texas sir? Northside Houston here.

Love them 2 drs.….

That spider throttle body injection stuff is kinda hit or miss.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm... I’m guessing you’re from Texxxas? This is an awesome group that’ll help anytime. Welcome and keep that 2 door forever

OP
OP
Texxxan

Texxxan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Umm... I’m guessing you’re from Texxxas? This is an awesome group that’ll help anytime. Welcome and keep that 2 door forever

I plan to keep it forever. It runs great and I love the look. It was completely unmolested until I took it over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71