I'll admit I made a mistake purchsing my 2017 Yukon SLT, But I fixed it - Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will admit I made a mistake with my 2017 Yukon SLT. It was a nice improvement from my Silverado, but just missed the mark. My kids liked it and they needed a new vehicle with #3 on the way and they purchased a '19 Yukon XL Denali. And he is a Ford guy to boot. Damn, that killed me. A month ago we purchased a GMC Acadia Denali for my wife. (again kids had #3 and the Lexus NX200t was too small).

So I did some shopping and found a 2019 Yukon Denali for 13k off MSRP! I took a hit but all I can say is wow!

The Denali has so much more power. The ride with the magnetic suspension is so much smoother. Just a step up all around.

Again I will admit it I screwed up on the '17 STL and didn't want to spend the extra 10k at the time.. What and idiot!

Oh in case you wondered, both vehicles were paid for and we got some better than fair on the trades. The '17 was bought end of model year and only had low miles(8k) on it. Her'16 had only 15k on it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worry. Well all make mistakes. I make mistakes and probably will make more. I am sure just about everyone on here makes mistakes..Glad you made the right move.

Excellent choice getting the 2019 Yukon Denali!!

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel free to post some pics. I know...easy enough to go online and look at whatever you like, but it's different when it's a forum member's.

No worry. Well all make mistakes. I make mistakes and probably will make more. I am sure just about everyone on here makes mistakes..
I'll go first. My most recent was taking off work today and started drinking at noon. Now I have things I need to do and I can't because...well...drinking.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happen to love black vehicles. Have had a few and have one now. But...I also love washing, waxing, and doing paint correction. That said, I'm close to moving on to something besides black (or white).

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Always thought Black looks sharp but recurred a lot of work keeping it looking that way.

the black was pretty when clean. But after 45 years I think I have outgrown washing it everyday living in Oregon.

I try and find vehicles with a color that is 1/2 way between rust and dust. Don’t need washed as often. Had a white ‘09 Suburban that was always looking dirty. Our Yukon’s were Silver Birch Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic and now Mocha Steel Metallic.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will admit I made a mistake with my 2017 Yukon SLT. It was a nice improvement from my Silverado, but just missed the mark. My kids liked it and they needed a new vehicle with #3 on the way and they purchased a '19 Yukon XL Denali. And he is a Ford guy to boot. Damn, that killed me. A month ago we purchased a GMC Acadia Denali for my wife. (again kids had #3 and the Lexus NX200t was too small).

So I did some shopping and found a 2019 Yukon Denali for 13k off MSRP! I took a hit but all I can say is wow!

The Denali has so much more power. The ride with the magnetic suspension is so much smoother. Just a step up all around.

Again I will admit it I screwed up on the '17 STL and didn't want to spend the extra 10k at the time.. What and idiot!

Oh in case you wondered, both vehicles were paid for and we got some better than fair on the trades. The '17 was bought end of model year and only had low miles(8k) on it. Her'16 had only 15k on it.

Bet you got a killer deal for the Acadia Denali. They're giving them away with the refresh coming. I was tempted to grab one myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924