If this is second time ummm either age or the born blond thang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI Folks,

Just an old guy who has lived on a few continents and both US coasts. Enjoyed most of the last 69 years and still get up smiling. Not sure how many more years and doesn't really matter as long as I wake in my place and am smiling. Fairly fluent in French, somewhat in Thai and proficient in Californio. This picture I took on HWY 99 between Sacramento and Paradise. Then he said, "I am Michael." Jeep went into a pear orchard and I'm yelling "WHY ME?" No damage to jeep or trees. Primary religious belief is from Christ, "Do unto others..." helpful useful things and no preaching. That finishes short version.
angel_smallest.jpg
Have had too many cars to remember all and recently picked up 03 Yukon Denali. A lot of miles (175K) but everything works and the AWD is enough traction for ranch roads and creek. Except when the bucolic small creek about 500' from house is 50+ feet wide, 5 to 6 feet tall and I won't take even the Cat D6 across it then. So the walk across bridge got a lot of use this year. USAF Vet 72-76, IT employee or consultant from 78 till hit about 48 and ran into the age issue. Moved out to family ranch SE of San Jose in 93 and it keeps me busy but not much of a mechanic so the primary tractors are showing their age and I'm clueless other than replace hydraulic hoses, fix or get rams fixed soonest, change oil occasionally (erk 100+ for 5 gallons and the smaller one takes 35 gallons, om*G). Newest is 78 Case 580CK extendahoe with 4in1 loader, next is 75 Deere John 300B industrial loader/scraper, then an early 70s AC spray rig and cleaned up the 60 AC and took it with 3pt scraper down to mom's place in town for weed and small orchard stuff.

Things I enjoy; snow skiing especially this coming season 209usd for season pass, reading all genres particular fave is Will and Ariel Durant "Civilization," have read 9 or 10 so far and last was Age of Voltaire. Spy, comedy, light romance novels, tractor manuals, car manuals... tech and humanity future think stuff, yatta and so on. Don't do much TV since lost last 2 channels when it went digital. Do spend way too much time on computer keeping self occupied with backgammon, 21, poker and reading when article or idea looks interesting. Have rebuilt 6 houses over the years, don't like the work but liked the profit. So did ex who snagged it after the last project and hit the road with our 3 children. Can think and talk about it now without going ballistic but despise the games played with kids. One visits occasionally and haven't seen nor heard from other 2 for over 20 years.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!
Thank You for your service!

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is quite an intro! Welcome from Orlando. If you enjoy reading you might like the Longmire series by Craig Johnson. There is also a Netflix series based on the books.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.