Ideas on HVAC issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ BigDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 05 Z71 recently stopped blowing air from the front vents entirely. Also when I turn on the AC I hear the compressor kick on under the hood but no cold air at all comes out of the front vents. If I turn on the rear vents on the cold AC setting it blows nice cold air out of the rear vents. Still nothing from the fronts. I tried doing the reset that's mentioned on here in several places and during the re-init phase there is nothing blowing through the front vents. I replaced the blower resistor about a year ago so that's a possibility but it wouldn't explain the complete lack of air on the AC setting. Also you usually get at least some form of flow even with a bad resistor. I'm leaning towards probably a blower motor or blend door issue but haven't had time to look into it. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue or if any of the Fact Trained guys have a best starting point to work from. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pull the resistor and take a look at it, if it looks ok apply 12v directly to blower motor, but I would think unless you have a really really quiet fan you should be able to hear it regardless if a blend door was shut or not