I want to put a z71 roof rack on a newer tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1goodarrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 z71 that will soon be fore sale. I really like the big roof rack. If I get a new tahoe/yukon, can I get a rood rack that looks like my z71 roof rack?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's funny. I had an '02 Z71 for 7 years before getting my '09 LTZ, and now that I look back on it (and when I see other '02s), I can't stand that big rack. It was pretty horrible. Tall for no good reason. I scraped mine on "low clearance" signs in parking garages a few times. And the way that the back of it angled inward instead of with the lines of the rear of the truck was just bad.

But that's just me, I guess.

For the new model, you might consider an Escalade rack. It may be a hair taller overall than the stock rack, but it looks taller (to me) since the sides are solid.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the NBS Z71 rack better. Now having the level kit and bigger tires, I cannot have the NBS rack because it would not fit in the garage.

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the old Z71 rack as well. If this were an easy mod i would do it as well. I did talk to one guy a good while back that did this retrofit. He did say that the holes didnt quite line up and some modification work had to be done to make it work. It looked really good though on his NNBS Z71 Tahoe.

OP
OP

1goodarrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I actually decided to keep my 02 z71. I did rust repair, and now am blacking it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts