I think I might have blown something in my transfer case today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks xanatost. I'll be crawling under mine as soon as the rain stops here...it's been non-stop for a solid week. After reading all this material and watching some videos, it actually doesn't look as hard as I had imagined in my head.

Its realy not that hard. If you are perty handy with tools then you can do it. just take your time and get the DVD so that if you see something you are not 100% about just back up the dvd and watch it again. One thing I would sugest is that when you remove the t55 head screws where the stall converter is at put in grade 8 bolts. I striped mine out when I was rebuilding mine and after talking to a few friends of mine they said it was ok to use them and would be better if you ever have to rebuild it again. Just make sure you get the same size and thread. After you do you will kick your self for not trying it sooner lol. Hell I even rebuit a AX15 5 speed for my jeep just to see how hard it was, it was even easyer!

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had manual cars, and in the instances where I needed another automatic, I've actually had a good spare laying around to throw in. This is the first time that's not the case and with money being extremely tight right now, I can't afford to just grab a rebuilt one.

I do have a couple high mileage C6's laying around that could use a minor overhaul after I get done fixing my daily driver. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jelkes79