I plasti dipped my grill and now it won't fit right!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xkairos_hxc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues putting their grill back in after plasti dipping it? Man I thought it was a complete ***** to get the grill out. I spent time painting and repainting the grille with plasti dip to get it just right. Now I've gotten the lower grill back on all except for one clip on the top left closest to the center and no matter what I do. I can not get it to click. I've pushed, pulled, pryed with screw drivers etc.. When I try to put the top grill back in I can't get any of the clips to pop in because the bow tie won't sit flush which I am assuming is because of the bottom grill not being all the way clipped in. I'm wondering if the fitment issues have anything to do with the added thickness of the plasti dip. Any help would be appreciated!

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
You also need to make sure the prongs on the back of the Bowtie go thru the center bar of the grille.
You might have more luck with the bumper off the truck too.

OP
OP
X

xkairos_hxc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah i put the 3 prongs in first. I haven't tried it with the bumper off yet though. A part of me is tempted to get the black grill from eBay if I can't get this to fit over the next couple days

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Plastidip wont cause it to not fit. Keep tryin and itl fit

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have just plasti dipped it on the truck....that's what i did. Those clips are a pain even without plasti dip on them. Good luck.