I need someone more adept with electronics for a Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PizzaAngel66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Newbie to anything Chevy. I need help identifying this thing in the engine bay of this tahoe listing. I'm not sure if it's another battery or if it's a switch pod. It looks like a switch pod to me but because of its size and color scheme, it makes me think "battery". A little help?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll get better responses if you describe the part in a bit more detail. There's a lot of stuff in the engine compartment and I, for one, don't know what "this thing" is. On what side of the engine compartment? What does it look like? Color? Near what other (known) part?

Better yet, download the pic you're looking at and mark the part, then repost it here.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’m confused, do I respond to his question on the forum, to the Car Guru solicitation he posted or to the selling dealer, ACH Autohaus, by simply calling him there?

Never mind, this is just a new person on the forum who’s newbie to anything Chevy, NOT a dealer sneaking a shameless plug onto a forum.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I assume this is what is being referenced.
90CEBB4F-9240-4609-830A-48DF2BCBE76F.jpeg

I would say, who cares. The vehicle shows it’s been in 4 accidents, that’s enough for me to walk away. I wouldn’t have looked at the 2nd picture yet alone the 47th.

ccole

Reaction score
It looks like auxiliary power distribution for all of the "Police" electronic devices.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Newbie to anything Chevy. I need help identifying this thing in the engine bay of this tahoe listing. I'm not sure if it's another battery or if it's a switch pod. It looks like a switch pod to me but because of its size and color scheme, it makes me think "battery". A little help?

Added a parts diagram, if I remember right 1 goes to alternator 1 goes to fuse block 1 goes to the dash.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it's a PPV so that means it would have extra accessory equipment, i.e. police radio, computer, light bar, etc.
all that extra equipment requires extra wiring to the battery, hence it has a several higher gauge wire hookups which have a integrated fuse.
that is perfectly normal and depending on the year and type of extra equipment that was on the vehicle the battery fuse panel may look different, some may have less wires.
so no it is not some mysterious switch pod, no hydraulics or anything weird like that. just extra power connections plain and simple

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's usually a cover over that, snaps off for access.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just a power distribution center. Look at any newer GM HD truck and you will see something similar to that. It's a nice thing to have if you plan on powering other things, or tying in a second battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan