I need a new boombox for my rooftop deck, suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I've been looking at the kicker iK501 and it seems to be the best option for what I'm looking for, I'd like to stay around the $200-$300 range. I really like the sub and IR remote but didn't know if anyone has any experience with them...thanks for any insight.

iK501_frontL.jpg

iK501_back.jpg

K501_remote.jpg

RhinoCrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reviews on Amazon are great on this unit. Don't have it myself, but will be getting one soon. FYI...if you want to Mod Up your Kicker, check out decalgirl.com for some pretty awesome skins for it.

Good Luck.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the kicker iK501 and it seems to be the best option for what I'm looking for, I'd like to stay around the $200-$300 range. I really like the sub and IR remote but didn't know if anyone has any experience with them...thanks for any insight.

iK501_frontL.jpg

iK501_back.jpg

K501_remote.jpg

That Kicker is awesome. My buddy has it and I want it so bad. I just can't justify spending all sorts of money for it. It definately bumps for such a small unit.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
shamless plug...but heck yea. My best 'test' is my 17 year old son. I took one home, and he immediately took his whole home system and threw it in the garage. It plays to 40, and at 18-20 he's knocking crap off the walls!
The passive radiator adds bass, where most home docking stations don't.
Check Amazon, they offer the best deals on them, and fast shipping!
The IK is for Ipod, and there is a ZK for Zune.
Then for the bedroom or kitchen, check out the smaller IK350 ( also available battery pack) and Ik150 alarm clock :D <had to plug that in there>

I think you'll like it man ! :)

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Holy crap this thing is loud! I'm really impressed with the sound quality for such a little guy, great bass output with the passive radiator as well...I'd highly recommend the kicker for anyone who needs a lot of sound in a small space :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack