I have a steering wheel audio control ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikemcc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a newbie here and have searched everywhere about this. I am looking to add a factory steering wheel control for audio on my 2016 ppv admin package. I know what parts to buy but my ? is will it work with the new upgraded steering wheel harness. It is crazy to think there are no vidoes or answers to this question as this is an awesome upgrade for under 100 buck. PLease if anyone has done this or can give me specifics I would very much appreciate it. The research I have done is pretty simple you replace the cruise control only harness to the cruise and audio harness basically an additional plug,,,, but will it integrate with the harness beyond that. Yes i get it for 100 buck give it a try but Id rather not waste my time. My thought process was that if the new steering wheel harness has 6 pins for example and will connect to another 6 pin harness it should in theory work right??? thank in advance

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I'll chime in here, on my 2011 SSV , I replaced the entire steering wheel, with a leather wrapped one for less than a hundred bucks. Not only did the radio controls come to life but I got rid of that crappy rubber wheel. it was plug and play. I would recommend changing the wheel, not just adding a radio switch, too much work.

flagnation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I just changed my 2016 PPV steering wheel for one with audio controls and it doesn't work. I heard that programming is needed but my dealer says he can't make it work. However, I spoke to another dealer and told me cpuld done. Before wasting more time or money, I would also like to hear from someone with a 2015+ model if they dod this successfully and how. Thanks

AdamC

Reaction score
I was told the gauge cluster has to be changed because they actually control steering wheel controls. Looking at upgrading to Denali cluster with WAMS will let you know how it turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam is correct. It requires a cluster with the 4” or 8” (Denali/LTZ) screen between the speedo and tach.

There’s also a wire that needs to be added between the steering wheel and the cluster. I can provide the terminated wire. I’m also just about complete with developing a harness that will provide the necessary wiring when converting from IO3 to IO5/6.

extreme_rescue

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adam is correct. It requires a cluster with the 4” or 8” (Denali/LTZ) screen between the speedo and tach.

There’s also a wire that needs to be added between the steering wheel and the cluster. I can provide the terminated wire. I’m also just about complete with developing a harness that will provide the necessary wiring when converting from IO3 to IO5/6.

Hello, did you ever get anywhere with this harness? I am about to take on the wheel, cluster, and radio upgrades.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This leads in to my question, I’m thinking of upgrading the instrument cluster to something that has the nicer screen, but I’m only finding civilian versions. Two questions, is there a place to find a PPV cluster so it still has the certified Speedo, and will the mileage come back to what the truck has on it, or does that need programming?

A1251R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It requires a cluster with the 4” or 8” (Denali/LTZ) screen between the speedo and tach.

There’s also a wire that needs to be added between the steering wheel and the cluster. I can provide the terminated wire. I’m also just about complete with developing a harness that will provide the necessary wiring when converting from IO3 to IO5
@cmatt

Do you have any more info on this? I have the steering wheel. I need the correct clockspring as my ppv has the ****** io3 w/o bluetooth. Also, if you have any p/n's for the cluster, that would be awesome. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC