I hate FM Transmitters, I want hard wire connections?!??!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got a response a few days ago that since my truck is an '02 that they don't have what is needed to make my application work!

:emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122:

Cmon, there's gotta be something out there, I find that hard to believe!!

Anybody else got some ideas????

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like Soundgate is no longer anymore so wheres the newest and greatest site to get the electronics needed to hardwire the sounds from a dvd player and an ipod?

Also, I'm gonna get rid of the cd changer so I'm gonna be looking for a pocket to install in its place, any good places online for one of those?

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, let me know what you think about it when you get it installed!!

smurphy80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and assume you have the class 2 communications bus, but I might be wrong. In my case ('02 yukon SLT) I used http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_26058_PAC_PXDX.aspx to mimic the existence of a remote CD/Cassette player to my factory radio which allowed me to run my dockable XM receiver in my truck utilizing digital input and then attached http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23809_PAC_AAI-GM9.aspx to give me two additional digital inputs, right now MP3 player. The second unit has a switch to switch between the three inputs.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links smurphy80, unfortunately I just now saw that you post up this info!! ha ha ha Better late than never, right? lol

Anyways, I just bought a PAC AAI-GM9 unit from Scottyboy on here and it works like a charm!! Sounds just like a CD, way better than my FM modulator!! It doesn't charge an ipod but you can hook up any 2 audio sources via RCA cables and can switch between the 2 by means of a toggle switch or turn it off an use your CD changer that's in your truck!! Wish I'd found this along time ago but am thankful for scottyboy for hooking me up!! He had the premium sound system in his truck and I have the Bose and it works great for either setup!! Now all I gotta get now is another RCA wire for my DVD system and I'm all set, I can hardly wait to watch a movie and have it sound good!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natenate