I got the G4's Installed!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi sophomore, well i duno if mine's are G4 or G3, but i do have the side leds and yeah they look very nice

I'm adding this to each of these G3/G4 threads for the moment:

My G3s DO HAVE the reflector strip that is said to be the difference between the G3s and G4s. So, if that's supposed to be the only difference, then there is no difference.

Either there's some other difference, or the G3s and G4s are actually the same light.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think there's any difference unless it's like fitment or wiring or anything. We should give them out own name for our references. Haha.

So KMel what made you wanna switch to Denali lights? I just realized we did opposites - I went from Denali to G-whatever, and you went from G-whatever to Denali.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
sophmore what kind of 3rd brake light do you have, where did you get it and cost? Is it hard to install and do you have pics?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No pics yet, I ordered the spoiler a week ago or so and they just now told me last Thursday that I had to re-order because the part number was updated.

Total with shipping for the spoiler + bolts was $137.

And I bought the OEM Escalade 3rd brake light for $85, came off a brand new Esky on the lot so it's in perfect condition!

Installation is not hard at all, you just remove like 5 screws and the old one comes off, then the Escalade light fits where the old one was.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So KMel what made you wanna switch to Denali lights? I just realized we did opposites - I went from Denali to G-whatever, and you went from G-whatever to Denali.

Um... I have both, and can't decide which I prefer yet. Haha!

So, when I switch back, and then maybe back again, instead of you having to ask the question again, I'll save you the trouble and just say "Just because."

cmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ESCALADE 3rd brake

Where did you get the 3rd brake light for 85? I am wanting to do the same for '09 denali xl? Thanks
Chris

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found it on eBay. Came off a brand new Escalade so it was in perfect condition! You'll just have to look for deals like that, but from GMPartsdepartment.com I think it's around $150 shipped or less.

I am FINALLY getting the housing that goes with it in today, so I should have it all installed by Saturday.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the tails and 3rd brake light back in 08. It's easy to replace. The only the that sucks about the Escalade 3rd brake light is that only a small portion of the light right in the middle lights up. Not the whole thing like the old ones. CHEAP! I wish they would make the whole thing light up!

here is a pic:
pic021-1.jpg

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha my Hoe would look EXACTLY like that in the back if it weren't for the molding above the license plate. I had it painted and ready to go but the old one is way too much trouble to get off. It's impossible to do it without breaking it.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Haha my Hoe would look EXACTLY like that in the back if it weren't for the molding above the license plate. I had it painted and ready to go but the old one is way too much trouble to get off. It's impossible to do it without breaking it.

I think you can remove it easier if you take off all the trim on the inside of the door. It's not too hard to get it off. I think it's only held on there by three bolts or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts