I finally like the way my 2010 Tahoe LT handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use my 2010 Tahoe LT with Premium Smooth Ride ZW7 (conventional suspension in the front, but the rear uses self-contained, self-leveling Nivomat shocks in the rear, and incorporates weaker springs in the rear) for work and dog training. It replaced my 2002 Z71 Tahoe.
After 3 years I just wanted to get rid of it. Every turn the suspension settles away from the turns and generally sucks on turn in. But as things wore out, I decided to do something about it.
1. Bilsteins on the front, real improvement but did softened up a bit after a month.
2. 18 inch American Racing wheels AR893 Mainlines, less tire sidewall play than 17 in wheels.
3. Continental All-terrain tires, may be the best tires I have ever had works great in all conditions. Just finished winter in Michigan along with some time on dog training fields (have used Goodyear, Michelin, and Cooper).
4. Hellwig front & rear sway bars with rear bar on middle setting, ride is slightly firmer but the cornering is vastly improved. And, the harder you push it around a corner or ramp, the better it does.

Lastly, I have been going back and forth with Black Bear and are still getting it dialed in

All in all, I plan to get another 100,00 miles from her (at 200,000 miles now) and will reevaluate then.

Cheers,
Tony Z