I feel a clunk from a stop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Yukon XL here with a blown driver side motor mount due to increased stress on lowered vehicles (I think).

I don't want to spend $700 on an OEM mount bc it will blow again.
Historically I upgraded to Energy Suspension urethane mounts but they don't make them for my Yukon so IDK what to do.
Are others going OEM or aftermarket? TYVM & good luck OP!
For your '19 Yukon, there may be no such thing as a Suburban 2500, but there's definitely such a thing as 2500 & 3500 Silverados with L8Ts.
Maybe the motor mounts for L8Ts are heavy duty? Hope they don't overcharge you.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I would check your front differential mounts. That was the issue in my truck with a clunk similar to yours, and when the mounts and associated bushings were replaced, the clunk went away.

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had the same issue. what i thought was an engine mount (It was Bad or looked bad dry rotted) but after replacing a lot of parts i found that it was a bad strut and bad sway bar end links (even though i had replaced them). i could also feel as well as hear it

Moosemoon

Reaction score
I have that same clunk. 2001 Yukon XL 2500 4wd. Last place I took it said the driveshaft was resting on the frame. Haven't taken it in to be fixed. So don't know if that is the problem.
The engine had been removed and gone thru - reinstalled with O'Reilly mounts- I'm sure. Should they be replaced?
This is a great forum. I have received great info here. Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have that same clunk. 2001 Yukon XL 2500 4wd. Last place I took it said the driveshaft was resting on the frame. Haven't taken it in to be fixed. So don't know if that is the problem.
The engine had been removed and gone thru - reinstalled with O'Reilly mounts- I'm sure. Should they be replaced?
This is a great forum. I have received great info here. Thanks

I would recommend that you post your issue in the 2000-2006 section, for more focused responses.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To check for dry splines on the driveshaft, shift to neutral as you approach a stop. This will allow the splines to move as they want. If the clunk goes away when you shift back to drive and accelerate, your problem is the splines. GM makes a special, and quite expensive, grease for the splies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz