Hyper Loud Onstar Volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want Onstar, but when I purchased my Tahoe, it came with one year for free. That year is now about up, and I have received periodic warnings on my Tahoe speakers about renewing, which I am not going to do. However, the warnings are HYPER LOUD. It’s louder than sitting in the front row at a Megadeth concert. When it occurred, I was actually concerned that it would damage the speakers, or perhaps even crack the glass in the Tahoe. I have found no way to reduce this volume. While the OnStar warning was occurring, adjusting the radio volume level did nothing.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
I don't want Onstar, but when I purchased my Tahoe, it came with one year for free. That year is now about up, and I have received periodic warnings on my Tahoe speakers about renewing, which I am not going to do. However, the warnings are HYPER LOUD. It’s louder than sitting in the front row at a Megadeth concert. When it occurred, I was actually concerned that it would damage the speakers, or perhaps even crack the glass in the Tahoe. I have found no way to reduce this volume. While the OnStar warning was occurring, adjusting the radio volume level did nothing.
When the voice warning comes on turn the radio volume knob down while the voice is talking this will turn it down.

OP
OP
Z

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>> When the voice warning comes on turn the radio volume knob down while the voice is talking this will turn it down.

I've tried that several times. The volume knob does nothing. The warning voice is as loud as 3 feet from a Godzilla roar.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
>> When the voice warning comes on turn the radio volume knob down while the voice is talking this will turn it down.

I've tried that several times. The volume knob does nothing. The warning voice is as loud as 3 feet from a Godzilla roar.
Ok, I know the radio knob works for nav. volume so the loud voice may be coming through Bluetooth volume next time turn down the Bluetooth volume on the steering wheel buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts