Hunter Metallic and Satin Steel on Constraint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasdriver

Reaction score
Just ordered a 22 Yukon Denali, but the dealer told me Hunter Metallic and Satin Steel are now on constraint. Too bad. I went with Onyx Black instead.

First post here. Let the wait begin.

TD

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those colors are end of life colors for tahoes so probably no more paint available.

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score
Makes sense. Thank you for the insight! I'm trying to be flexible here. Couldn't get the rear-view camera, but was able to add the sunroof and power steps. Coming from a 2019 Sierra Denali with the mirror camera, it will take an adjustment!

Ordered 4x4, Onyx Black, Light Shale, second row bench, 6.2L, sunroof, 22in wheels, and steps.

Matz

Reaction score
Is the Hunter metallic / Evergreen Grey no longer to be ordered or will not be able to paint what's in the TPW phase? My Evergreen has a TPW of 5-30.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Hunter metallic / Evergreen Grey no longer to be ordered or will not be able to paint what's in the TPW phase? My Evergreen has a TPW of 5-30.
I would think that they have enougj paint for what orders of that color are in the system and twp set. They just arent accepting any more new orders in those 2 colors.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received a call from the inventory manager at the dealership I ordered an RST 6.2. Gentleman stated GM have picked up my order but I must change the color. No more Satin Steel or Cherry Red available for 2022 model year unless he orders a 2023 for me. No way will I wait longer. I originally submitted my order December 6th, 2021 and I refuse to wait any longer. Settled with Black. I'll just work my butt off on trying to keep it clean. Smh.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
Just ordered a 22 Yukon Denali, but the dealer told me Hunter Metallic and Satin Steel are now on constraint. Too bad. I went with Onyx Black instead.

First post here. Let the wait begin.

TD
Not on constraint, they just aren't making that color next year and all the 2022's have been allocated. You'll be getting a 2023 but sometime late fall unless you drop a few constraints like Adaptive Cruise.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on constraint, they just aren't making that color next year and all the 2022's have been allocated. You'll be getting a 2023 but sometime late fall unless you drop a few constraints like Adaptive Cruise.
Technically, they are on constraint list - at 0 available.

OP
OP
texasdriver

texasdriver

Reaction score
Dealer's words, not mine.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, even the fricken' paint is on restraint... GM needs to start widening their global territory for acquiring materials, because they're going to start losing customers fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645