Humming from front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsamoul

Hoe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, about a week ago I noticed a humming sound coming from the front right (passenger front) area of the car when I'm coasting at relatively low speeds. Sometimes it's louder than others but I can hear it with the windows closed and the radio on. It's usually once I've been driving it around a bit.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be??

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, my first thought was wheel bearing too, but then he says it only happens after a bit of driving? When my wheel bearing went, it growled right away, as long as it was turning.

What happens when you turn left? Is the noise louder of softer, or does it go away?
What happens to the noise when you turn right?

Variations there, almost certainly point to wheel bearing.

piranah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
also what about tire wear/pressure? could have something stuck in there...

maybe brakes? as the rotors heat up they push on the pads? but im guessing you would notice a difference in breaking...

OP
OP
B

bsamoul

Hoe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, my first thought was wheel bearing too, but then he says it only happens after a bit of driving? When my wheel bearing went, it growled right away, as long as it was turning.

What happens when you turn left? Is the noise louder of softer, or does it go away?
What happens to the noise when you turn right?

Variations there, almost certainly point to wheel bearing.

I've only really noticed it while going straight, not turning

BigDawg99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting the same problem with my truck..02 Denali..loud humming sound coming from the front end..straight..Left..right..always there...sometimes the noise will go away and 5 to 10 minutes later..the noise comes back with a vengenance...what did you end up doing to your vehicle..was it the wheel bearing

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
something like at certain speeds of various vehicle parts things vibrate making noise. Sorta kinda...

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Sould have said resonant noise. sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz