HUGE GM SUV/Pickup Recall !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
No good. Thankfully the Takata thing SHOULD overshadow this, so it wont be too bad of press for GM.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Important issue, but 4800 vehicles is not huge..

rattmobbins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Important issue, but 4800 vehicles is not huge..

Lol I was just gonna post that. 4800 vehicles is a drop in the bucket. Hell, not even a drop, freakin condensation on the side of the bucket. It's nothing.

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...If MY vehicle was involved in this I would consider it HUGE !! If you're driving down the road and have a total upper control arm failure...that's serious.!

Nabbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Called the GMC 800 number right away as mine was built and delivered in March. They said mine was NOT affected by the recall. 2016 Yukon Denali. Wondering if maybe the arms are different on the Mag ride vehicles? Only issue I had early on was a loud crash and major scraping on the road while heading into work. Pulled into the lot and looked under the vehicle only to find someones 30" Steel Square dangling from the frame. Removed it and all has been fine since. So I got that going for me, which is nice!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from holding your vehicle until the parts become available with no repayment, they are at least doing the right thing. They could have hid it with so small vehicles actually in the wind.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"GM estimates that 4,789 vehicles in the U.S. are affected by the recall. The good news is, because these vehicles are so new, only 790 are thought to be in owners' hands. The remainder are still held by GM or by dealers, who won't be selling them until they've been repaired."

GusSanchez300

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tahoe shows date of 03/16 but i called and they said is not in the recall, that im ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401