How to replace sunroof cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headliner on the piece that covers my sunroof is starting to fail.

Any ideas on easiest way to fix this?
44957eb02e8561c5f88bb5c718a44581.jpg

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer. Mine is the same. How do you get that sliding panel out???

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...now THAT really explains it. Looks almost too simple. LOL

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid. I need to reglue mine but I know I'll be overly OCD about adjusting the glass putting it back in. Due to that, I'm almost scared to take it out. LOL

Jonrobinson84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased an 05 Yukon and the sliding cover your talking about is missing unfortunately

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I'm almost scared to take it out. LOL
The part I'm scared about (from a bad experience) is using TOO MUCH GLUE!!! Gluing the headliner on a Cherokee - use too much spray, didn't let it dry to tackie, and when I used a rubber spatula to lay it down...the glue soaked thru the material!!! Yes - it's "glued"...but...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The part I'm scared about (from a bad experience) is using TOO MUCH GLUE!!! Gluing the headliner on a Cherokee - use too much spray, didn't let it dry to tackie, and when I used a rubber spatula to lay it down...the glue soaked thru the material!!! Yes - it's "glued"...but...
I've had that happen a few times and it sux! Depending on the job, sometimes I go a little heavy , but not crazy , spraying the glue on the board, and then spray lightly on the material itself. Wait at least 5 mins if not a little more , for it to tack up nice, then with nice even pressure smooth it out. I like to use those plastic little spatula type things body shops use to spread bondo on with. I usually do sections of headliner that have fallen down, not complete headliners. As you're smoothing it out with the spatula, make sure you don't have any wrinkles in there.

Jonrobinson84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever experience what seems to be the headliner has shrank? Sounds odd but mine is sagging by the pillars and when I try and pull it to the molding, it barely reaches. Hate to glue it back and come up short haha