Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fukt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello again! I’m back with my 2005 Yukon SLT. Every time I start the thing it tilts the sunroof. It doesn’t get stuck because I can immediately close it when it stops. And when I say ever time I mean every time. I’ve cycled it through numerous times and have never had any other issues. Just that it wants to tilt at start up. Thanks again for any help.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First place I would start is the switch and see if some wires are rubbed thru at the insulation and supplying power to that circuit with power at start up.

Forgot to add. Had a problem sort of like this at one time in an old Chevy pickup. Headlights would not shut off till turned truck off. Had a rubbed thru wire at back of fuse box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fukt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So about the switch. I left out a pretty important part mainly because I felt that it would somehow detract from the real issue. When I first got the Yukon the previous owner ( I’ve come to refer to him just as The Idiot because most of the issues the Yukon has are those only an idiot would have from a lack of preventative maintenance or just plain stupidity) told me only one window worked, none of the gauges worked, the ac was broke, the seats didn’t work, the back lift didn’t open and the sunroof stopped working.The solution to all of those were fuses, a resistor, relays, some stepper motors, and a little bit of mechanical knowledge. The sunroof on the other hand was something a little different. When I pushed the switch I could tell something wasn’t right because when I hit open I could feel the click but when I pushed close I couldn’t even feel the switch behind the button. Up to this point I still haven’t got any movement from the sunroof. I checked the fuse and it was good so my next move was the overhead console. I got my multimeter out and as I pulled the console down I realized why nothing was working. It seems a young snake hit a growth spurt and decide to use the prongs in my switch to help him shed. I can’t really blame the little guy. If you think about it, it really is the perfect spot to shed. Ok the button was trashed so I went to my donor and pulled one from there and replaced it and went through the wires tracing them and checkin them. That pretty much brings us to today. Should I have relearned the sunroof? Is that something that can be done? I’ve never owned a vehicle with a sunroof before so this is all new to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 5

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wish I did not have a sun roof. I may pay, if it ever leaks and ****** me off, to have it sheeted over the hole and painted. On the inside I will just put a mirror with disco lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts