How to Mod - Ideas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxCoal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up this ole 03 Burb for the bigger family.

I can’t leave things alone. So I am searching what to make it.

Right now upgrading the head unit is in the list.
Probably an Escalade Cluster or rebuild mine. It has the infamous cluster issue. Right now it will work flawlessly as long as it’s not screwed in.

Have some depo headlights coming in that I will eventually retro into some proper projectors.

I been looking at the HD swap but it looks a little pricy all said and done plus I doubt I will find my color.

I’m looking for ideas, mods, photos for inspiration.

If I have it long enough maybe a cam and headers.
My concern with LT headers is the vehicle gets ridiculously loud. And 1500 on the Kooks is a bit much. So have to find alternatives ways to quiet it down or don’t do it at all. a1d7d11be235d36affb8da36fffe1c91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIRST CHANGE ALL FLUIDS. I did mine one at a time and could have caught bad carrier bearings in rear end had I done them all immediately. Had to swap rear ends as a result.

Engine oil cooler true max 40k tow

I upgraded to Ksource tow mirrors. I LOVE them, can actually see what is behind me.

I used factory amp and put in all Kicker speakers. Worked awesome. Sound is amazing. Had used a 1800 watt aftermarket amp but ultimately removed it in favor of 40 watt per channel factory (or whatever it is).

I removed the leveling kit somwbody put on mine brakes and turns MUCH better now.

Put bilstein 5100s all around (can consider version with remote resivour, wish I had done those).

Tie rod sleeves are a must. I have a set ready to be installed upon my next tire change / alignment.

I swapped my cluster with one that had a transmission temp gauge. Other than mileage and vin (can get programmed for cheap) is a plugin play mod.

If you tear down transfercase, there is a mod to the AWD pump. It is a must.

5 pinion planetaries, monster shell, and several other things for trans.

Honestly trucks are AWESOME from factory.

I am currently building a 6.0L and heavy duty 4L60E for my Tahoe. 5.3L left me with a little to be desired.

Been rebuilding up my truck for 3 years now. Lots of posts. @Tonyrodz and a couple other guys custom building these trucks on here. They have helped me a lot.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go through somebody’s build threads and get some ideas. There’s so much. I have links for my 02 Denali in my sig. if you don’t see them, turn your phone sideways (landscape mode).

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

SouthernDuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that a 1500 or 2500? Looks like you have a good start on things to do. Basic LS engine stuff after you do the longevity mods: trans cooler, fluid flush, etc.

After you have it running right the next thing on my list would be a sound system (and it was). Upholstery can be a total make over for the inside of your ride. Changing all your interior lights over to LED will make it feel more modern.

One of the things I liked the most was swapping my mirrors for some switchbacks I got from BoostAuto. They have the reverse spot lights built in that make me question why all vehicles don’t have them.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably an Escalade Cluster or rebuild mine. It has the infamous cluster issue. Right now it will work flawlessly as long as it’s not screwed in.

Have some depo headlights coming in that I will eventually retro into some proper projectors.

I been looking at the HD swap but it looks a little pricy all said and done plus I doubt I will find my color.

My concern with LT headers is the vehicle gets ridiculously loud. And 1500 on the Kooks is a bit much. So have to find alternatives ways to quiet it down or don’t do it at all. a1d7d11be235d36affb8da36fffe1c91.jpg

Got a nice stance on that rig.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What did you do to left the front end ? I hd rear spring so my front look low less gas tanks full lol.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id say your truck would look awesome with a hd hood, with your color you could get away with black, without it looking too outta place

Chevorllac myhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My concern with LT headers is the vehicle gets ridiculously loud. And 1500 on the Kooks is a bit much. So have to find alternatives ways to quiet it down or don’t do it at all. View attachment 339622

Attachments

• EB9D37EE-FA00-4458-919A-1F007F3D1865.jpeg
    EB9D37EE-FA00-4458-919A-1F007F3D1865.jpeg
    998.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 355E9863-307E-4BE3-AE76-EE580D3DAAFC.jpeg
    355E9863-307E-4BE3-AE76-EE580D3DAAFC.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member