How to install rear hardware kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
So I just got a rear hardware kit. I totally understand how to install. My question is tho. Do I need to raise up the vehicle to install trailing arm brackets? Or can I just do it on the ground? Are there any instructions laying around for how to do this? thanks guys

ghost

Reaction score
were you able to do it on the ground or did you have to jack it up? just curious

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always in the air...never want to work on a suspension when it's loaded...

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Ya, I jacked it up. It's not really that I messed with anything in the suspension, ie. shocks or springs, and the arms don't hold pressure, just keeps axle inline. But you can't really get to anything when your already LOW!!! Just lifted up vehicle, and removed trailing arms, added brackets, reinstalled. Pretty simple. Probably could be done on ground, but made my life easier jacking up, just took longer to jack up on stands then to add the brackets!! I also reinstalled my coil isolators last night. Thanks Toni(NorCal SS) it made the noise stop.
Hey Toni(NorCal SS) I am hearing a popping noise every now and then on certain bumps. Seemed like when I reinstalled the T-arms, the driver side made a popping noise when I retightened them. What would cause that? Could I have gotten a bolt thread caught up, or something? I had to remove the whole t-arm to get it to move off axle mount, and when I retightened the bolt on frame mount, it started popping when tightening. Should I remove and reinstall? Thanks

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Ya, I jacked it up. It's not really that I messed with anything in the suspension, ie. shocks or springs, and the arms don't hold pressure, just keeps axle inline. But you can't really get to anything when your already LOW!!! Just lifted up vehicle, and removed trailing arms, added brackets, reinstalled. Pretty simple. Probably could be done on ground, but made my life easier jacking up, just took longer to jack up on stands then to add the brackets!! I also reinstalled my coil isolators last night. Thanks Toni(NorCal SS) it made the noise stop.
Hey Toni(NorCal SS) I am hearing a popping noise every now and then on certain bumps. Seemed like when I reinstalled the T-arms, the driver side made a popping noise when I retightened them. What would cause that? Could I have gotten a bolt thread caught up, or something? I had to remove the whole t-arm to get it to move off axle mount, and when I retightened the bolt on frame mount, it started popping when tightening. Should I remove and reinstall? Thanks

Scrap the whole install and get bags already.... you know ur gonna....hahahahahahaha..ha!

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!! When I saw ur rig with em, new it was a for sure WANT. Trully never thot i wuld wanna bag the Tahoe, but..... Just sounds too good now. U ever get that compressor back? HIT IT WITH A HAMMER!!! hilarious

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!! When I saw ur rig with em, new it was a for sure WANT. Trully never thot i wuld wanna bag the Tahoe, but..... Just sounds too good now. U ever get that compressor back? HIT IT WITH A HAMMER!!! hilarious

We both know it's inevitable. I did get my compressor back on Tuesday and got it all dialed in. It works real good now. Something was definitely wrong with it before. It used to stay on for like 15-20min and come on like 5 times a day. Now if I don't use it it might come on 2 times a day for like 5 min max and it is a lot quieter. I was totally wrong about the bottom bracket and the rubber I got was for nothing......oh well. I can go up and down, I'm all good. I'm gonna cut my from bump stop brackets off tomorrow morning and put in some poly stops to give me a little more play in the front end. I need an allignment as well..... shot never stops

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Nice!! Atleast it all works well now. Shat is hot now!! Ya, let me know how cutting those front bump stop brackets work for you. Have thought about doing that, just concerned it would affect everything drastically!! But guessing if it's done right should have no probs. But would like to know how it turns out, and if it lowers it any, or helps out the front suspension. Hows it riding with those new bigger wheels? any rubbing now on suspension travel? I still need to see it in person, lookin good tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10