How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kev92gt

Reaction score
Just finished up my kids have heat again. The above link work great!

20hoe3

Reaction score
Well as of this morning I fall into this category of HVAC issues. With everyones input I think I need to replace the Drivers side Air blend door actuator. I have a 2003 tahoe LT digital dual climate control. And what happen this morning is that I set it for 80 degress and it was blowing cold. I increased temp to 90 degrees and still blowing cold. So I did basic troubleshooting and increased and decreased temperature for passenger side only. And passenger side responds the way it supposed to hot and cold. anyhow I narrowed down i guess OEM part numbers to 89018365 and/or 15-72971. this cross references to Dorman 604-106. I'm going to buy the Dorman off Ebay new for $44.99. Meantime Ill attempt to recalibrate the actuator. But its likely worn out. Thx again everyone. Not having heat in morning sucks LOL

kev92gt

Reaction score
It's 17 here so I'm happy iI fix this past weekend. Youtube has several videos you may want to check out. Now I need heated seat fix next. Good Luck 20hoe3

aaron.cole02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got an 03 Denali, I'm replacing the blend door actuator on the drivers side. I've got heat, but only from the upper vents. Ordered part from rock auto. Let's hope it works.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I've got an 03 Denali, I'm replacing the blend door actuator on the drivers side. I've got heat, but only from the upper vents. Ordered part from rock auto. Let's hope it works.

If the air doesn't switch from defrost (dash), to vents, to floor like it's supposed to, it's not the blend door actuator. That would be the mode door actuator.

20hoe3

Reaction score
Well I finally installed the Blend door actuator from Dorman. And it was a pretty simple straight forward. Did the calibration after installation and now the A/C and heater function works again like it used to. Thx TYF members for all your help!

aaron.cole02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the air doesn't switch from defrost (dash), to vents, to floor like it's supposed to, it's not the blend door actuator. That would be the mode door actuator.
Thanks! That will keep me from ordering the wrong part. Already sent one back.

LaOrange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All
Changed The blend door actuator. under the Glove Compartment Still blowing heat out
Of the passenger side. Now after reading for several hours I have found out I changed the Drivers side actuator. I guess it is OK as the drivers side acts up rarely but does act up.
Other problems noted and learned.
1 The rear unit now only blows cold. Looks like the rear AC controller mounted on the
rear Blower case is the problem. one with the Red / Gray connectors
2 The front AC control head "when it is cold out" when you set the temp from cool to
warmer the temp readout will go up one or two degrees and then down a few degrees
when it warms up works correctly most of the time.

All in all I really like the truck the manacles have been great But the Electrons SUCK lately.
The truck is coming up on 190 thousand miles other then service work it has been good.
Some of the repairs I have done
Had Coolant leak at water pump " Bad Gasket " changed gasket, thermostat, water pump
and all hoses $$$ While we were in this deep Replaced Bad "wet" Knock sensors When all
back together would not turn over. Replaced Starter. Started right up. This was all at 180k
Factory Brakes went 175K still had some pad left.
Changed Alternator 150K
Rebuilt Dash Gage Cluster 145K
Last Week end The Tailgate window Hinge came louse from the Glass Can not be re-glued
will need a new window !@@## $$$
All in all it is still cheeper then a car note. I have learned a lot from these forums but all the answers are not correct. So read read and read some more. You will get the correct answer
if you keep looking.
Also THANK You to all that try to help each other together we can fix most things
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts