How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
great post. thank you very much.
i changed mine today, everything went well, but i read somewhere that the little knob on the actuator dont supposed to move, when i got mine it was moving i was able to rotate the knob to the cold/heat position.
is this something i should be worry about ? the ac is working fine at this time.
thanks in advance.

i got the Dorman 604-106 Heater Blend Door Actuator.
2004 gmc yukon slt.

LDUB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blend Door Acuator

Thanks so much the info. Followed your instructions to the T and it worked.
Saved me approx. $850 bucks

jfwhit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. I have the same issue with hot air only on drivers side. Is there a thread that shows how to remove the center console to get to the actuator? Can't seem to find it.
2005 Tahoe.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I have the same issue with hot air only on drivers side. Is there a thread that shows how to remove the center console to get to the actuator? Can't seem to find it.
2005 Tahoe.

I've changed the actuator without taking out the console. The lower cover is more of a pain than the actuator.

You have to remove BOTH front seats to remove the console. I think it's 2 10mm bolts on the front under the cup holder and the seats hold down the sides.

jfwhit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Done. Works great. Thanks for the post. Didn't need to mess with the center console. Don't know what I was thinking. That one $&%#£€ bolt really pushed me to my limit.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done. Works great. Thanks for the post. Didn't need to mess with the center console. Don't know what I was thinking. That one $&%#£€ bolt really pushed me to my limit.

That one bolt will have you making a reservation at the nut house. Lol

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is my problem. I get cold AC if the knob is set to the coldest setting. If I try to blend the temperature even slightly it goes to full heat. Do you think this air mix blender is my issue?

2002 Tahoe.

Air mix blender, huh? Hmmm... I'm having the exact opposite issue. I get cold everywhere else except when I turn the temp knob all the way to the "full hot" setting beyond the normal 82. Both sides blow the same temp, as designed.

Haven't tried the calibration yet, but I guess I'll start from there. Rear AC/heat works fine in any setting. At least so far...

heater_up_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TSU:

Had this problem myself. Previous owner cut the wires to the Cabin Air Temperature Sensor Aspirator. It is right above the driver seat looks like it might be a little speaker or mic for on star. Once I reattached the wires and started the truck, the sensor was making a pretty annoying buzzing sound. Replaced sensor now I have temp control other than freezing cold or blazing hot.

Rear HVAC was working fine hot or cold or anywhere in between.

ACDELCO Part # 22834330
{#1551256, 20931026, 25903301} GM Original Equipment
Cabin Air Temperature Sensor Aspirator

kev92gt

Reaction score
What about no heat to rear controls? My ex wife had a trailblazer and they replaced and rather large box in rear hatch area. My Yukons issue is no heat to rear, ac works great for children but this time of year in Misssouri we need heat.