How to: Dye Plastics/Take apart overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh wow. just realized i didn't post that.

i found some SMALL screws with washers and where i clipped the mushroom caps off, i just screwed it back togethed.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
write up threads> timmy.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

well im going to sign off and go try it. Im curious to see if I can mount my CB up there.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
write up threads> timmy.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

well im going to sign off and go try it. Im curious to see if I can mount my CB up there.

it was in the other thread, just didn't copy it over. lemme know if it works

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats legit, i was actually looking to do the same, i have the exact same color on my dash trim and a few other pieces to accent it, one year and no flaking problems at all

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I got the cb hooked up (for the most part) I need to run the CB wire, but im going to either have to drop the head liner, Or move the antenna to the front (most likely what im doing), but it fits in there great. I used self tappers to put the stuff back in there.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the cb hooked up (for the most part) I need to run the CB wire, but im going to either have to drop the head liner, Or move the antenna to the front (most likely what im doing), but it fits in there great. I used self tappers to put the stuff back in there.

good deal

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, MY sub rattled it loose one day, was funny I was driving and bam it flopped down on me.

this happend to me when i first hooked up my 2 15" L7's. except it was the front overhead that rattled loose and i actually caught this before it fell. that screw was a pain to get back in there.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this happend to me when i first hooked up my 2 15" L7's. except it was the front overhead that rattled loose and i actually caught this before it fell. that screw was a pain to get back in there.

that it is, my friend, that it is

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
i have 2 15" L7s pushed by 2000 watts and i had the same problem. the screw came loose and surprise! movin down the highway bumpin away and my overhead panel for by the windshield fell on my drink. scared the hell out of me!
i think ima try doing my plastics in a diff color. hope it doesnt flake