How much louder after removing resonator? Just installed Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to doing this (hopefully this fall or early winter then rims!) :waytogo:

OP
OP

99ls1z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan on getting the SLP tips when I remove the resonator. I figured it would be a noticeable difference in sound once I remove it. I do like the sound though but I could deal with it being a little louder.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting the SLP tips when I remove the resonator. I figured it would be a noticeable difference in sound once I remove it. I do like the sound though but I could deal with it being a little louder.

And it definitely will be. I did the resonator delete/added an SLP Tip equivalent (Volant's version) prior to the muffler and it sounded deeper and had a nice rumble to it. After the muffler was installed it was a lot cleaner sounding. Now having it for a few months the sound is a little deeper/louder but nothing that's out of control. Sounds closer to the 6.2L stock now :Handshake:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a resonator delete only (no muffler swap) on 6.0L Hybrid:

[yt]f3M8vognkQk[/yt]

Now that's good hybrid! :D

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have the SLP unit and couldn't be happier. Very nice for the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel