How much do OEM rims go for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean James

Reaction score
I got two sets back to back (a week apart). Found them on Craigslist last December (2018), just before Christmas, I don't know if that had anything to do with it, and I didn't ask both sellers how long they had them listed. Both sets were almost brand new take-offs. Less than 2k on each set of tires, the 2016 Tahoe rims/tires had a very tiny rash on one rim, and a hole in the sidewall of the same tire (no lug nuts). The 2018 Escalade rims AND tires were perfect in every way with lug nuts. Both were "rich kids" with aftermarket rim's/tires on their trucks.

Since I have a '99 Yukon obs, and my wife has a '99 Tahoe obs, I could not resist jumping on both deals. It was weird, I found a brand new set of Black lug nuts a few days later for $20 down the street from where I live on Craigslist. They made both trucks look totally new, as I keep them in tip-top shape, and we have a '94 Silverado and a cherry '85 Sierra for rough work.

Got the '18 Escalade 265/65/18's for $300! Got the '16 265/65/18 Tahoe for $275, as he had them listed for $300 but could not find the lug nuts when we got to his house to pick them up.

We live in a Rural area of UT, and had to drive to a lesser Rural area to pick them both up (120 miles round trip). But well worth it. Probably because we live in small towns, we got killer deals. Now we have two sets of stocker 16" rims with 80% Cooper tires, less than two years old sitting in the barn. Guess it's time to list them on Craigslist before the tires get dated.

I found a used tire on ebay for $70, like new that matched the other three, on the set that had the hole in the sidewall, same Goodyear Fortitude 265/65/18. So that was TWO brand new sets, that made the old '99's look bad ass (for '99's), raised them up a little, and bolted right on, no rubbing at all, for $660. Just luck I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645