How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
My salesperson drove my first one 100 miles down I95 from DC. No way he didn't go above 70mph on that drive. Shook like a ****** washing machine on my drive over 70 once I took it home. They are heading a couple hours out to get my next one and after all of this he is fully aware of what to look for.

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After the Range AFM disabler, drives great, no booming...without Range, some noticeable booming in certain situations (namely, in 4 cyl mode at light throttle, at certain speeds.) The AFM disabler makes the truck what it should always be, a quiet, smooth luxury ride...no big effect on MPG either...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the Range AFM disabler, drives great, no booming...without Range, some noticeable booming in certain situations (namely, in 4 cyl mode at light throttle, at certain speeds.) The AFM disabler makes the truck what it should always be, a quiet, smooth luxury ride...no big effect on MPG either...

How does AFM Impact how the truck sounds when it hits a bump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No issues with my '16 XL over bumps...believe me, I know what everyone is talking about...my first experience with the booming was in a rental XL SLT in Hawaii on vacation last year...I made it bearable to drive all week by using Tow/Haul and Manual shift to keep it out of 4 cyl. We drove probably a dozen Yukon and Yukon XLs before finding this one...after driving a couple with 22's, and seeing the vibrations and crappy ride with them, I swore off the 22s (love the looks, hated the ride)...we preferred the ride of the SLT to the magneride on the Denali, and when I found one that had no vibes or buffeting/pressure, we took it. Now, the truck DOES still have some minor booming/pressure if left to the AFM and 4 cyl/8 cyl cycling, at very specific speeds. So, to avoid it altogether, I tried the Range device and the truck is beautiful to drive. I wish everyone had such luck, and I hope my luck continues (crossing fingers). Only issues I have seen are some weird electronic things pop up, and noticing a shudder when turning and light throttle...gonna have to have that looked at, seen some issues with Torque converters and trannies...

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe LT with 20s and a sunroof... No issues! Love the car! There is some engine "lugging" in V4 when trying to take a hill--I just step on the gas a little more!

;)

Garin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wife has a 2015 Tahoe. The wind noise is awful. Sounds like the window is slightly down. Dealer says GM is working on a real fix. I am not real thrilled about them dismantling the roof of my 60k ride.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015. No problems with these issues.

Kansas Eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally took my 2015 LTZ on a road trip last weekend. Felt a vibration in the steering and the seat. Not severe, but it was noticeable. Took it in to the dealer on Wednesday and was praying it was not the beginning of a horror story. Dealer called and told me that 3 of the 4 tires were so bad that they could not be balanced or "force matched". They replaced 3 tires and gave it back to me. I took it out today for a long drive and hit speeds of over 70mph (the speed the vibration would start). Now it's solid as a rock and the vibration is completely gone.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We no longer have the vibration issue all the time, let me explain.
Our 2015 Yukon is the wife's. I only drive it on the weekends and it's generally a road trip. I noticed a constant vibration at high way speeds that you could drive through but the vibration was in the highway sweet spot for me.
So bad the seat backs and center console would shake. I took it in for the vibration thinking the worst. They rebalanced the tires and I was like yeah right.
Amazingly it fixed the problem most of the time. Now it only vibrates the first 2-3 minutes in the sweet spot. The tires are getting flat spots in the garage. We live 2 miles from an on ramp.
It has 20 inch wheels with continental tires.
I'm used this as my G8 does the same exact thing only it's more pronounced with 35 aspect ratio tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Lt 5.3 with 20" wheels and sunroof. No problems to report with vibration , but I am feeling some of the booming noises every now and then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath