How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe with all this potholes every where here in NJ,NY. Will be out of balance already.
Good luck going back home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I also had a vibration on my ‘16 Yukon xl with 20” wheels and Michelins that went away with road force balance. Dealer said two wheels were at 20lbs of force. Now it’s smooth up to 85... haven’t gone faster.

Next project is rattle treatment. Need to hunt down and fix a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfoote

Reaction score
I’ve had a 2015, 2015i, and now have a 2016 Yukon Denali. All have been fully loaded and I traded in the first two with 17 and 20k miles and my 2016 has 28K on it and I have never experienced that issue and all have been put on long road trips.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Have not experienced it yet. 2016 LTZ with 20” bridgestones and 22” Michelin’s.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
OK - so I was the last to report on this - and now I see what you all have been complaining about for a few years. I do hear it, my wife did hear it (front seats). Kid did not hear it in the back seat. Only heard it from 60-85 mph, it wasnt constant, it was on concrete roads (not asphalt), and wasnt overly intrusive. But we did hear it. That was on the 22" TBSS wheels w/ 285/45/R22 Michelin Defender LTX (brand new).

Vimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2015 Tahoe I had a pretty loud buffeting, turned out to be the black piece of trim on the driver side front door. At highway speeds the wind was pulling it away from the side of the door and acting like a wind scoop. When stopped, it was back where it belongs. I only saw it because when checking the side mirror I happened to catch a glimpse of it flapping out, but even then I barely saw it. I fixed it with 3M tape, and if it comes loose again I plan to replace the piece. This wasn't the first repair attempt either, as someone had daubed in some silicone before to try and glue it into place. The plastic retaining tab on top was broken, probably the original cause. After sticking the piece back on, almost all of the buffeting noise went away. At some point in the future I plan to pull the headliner off and check to see if the rails have separated from the roof skin, if so will epoxy them back into place. While the headliner is down, will be adding sound insulation up there.

On driveline vibration, I had an older Tahoe that I took the driveshaft in for rebalancing. The shop told me that they have to fix a lot of GM driveshafts because the yokes are not always welded in straight, they sometimes get welded in slightly cockeyed. Last time I had to do this it ran about 100 bucks to have a driveshaft rebalanced, if you pull it and take it to them. Further, I've had problems with U-joints with the grease zerk in one of the joint corners splitting, which causes a vibration. Replacing the joint with an Extreme 4x4 U-joint that has the grease zerk in the end of the dust cap helps on this. No idea if this will help on the 2015, I've not actually been under mine yet so I don't know if GM changed how they do the driveshafts on the newer ones.

Last edited:

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rented out a truck recently
... Drove it 1000 miles in a week. Only happened once, and it was noticeable. But it happened. Actually I noticed it right away, but my wife felt nothing ..

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rented out a truck recently
... Drove it 1000 miles in a week. Only happened once, and it was noticeable. But it happened. Actually I noticed it right away, but my wife felt nothing ..

That’s text book. Some feel it while others don’t.

cfoote

Reaction score
Only happens if I have one window cracked open. Goes away if I open another one or the sunroof. So basically you can’t ride with only one window cracked open. No issue if I have just the sunroof open and no windows. I’ve had 3 Of the current model Yukon’s and it’s been the same with all of them.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only happens if I have one window cracked open. Goes away if I open another one or the sunroof. So basically you can’t ride with only one window cracked open. No issue if I have just the sunroof open and no windows. I’ve had 3 Of the current model Yukon’s and it’s been the same with all of them.

That is pretty much the case with any vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442