How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
about to go over 220k on the burb here in a few days. She's been "talking" to me lately but she's still running strong.

They do that from time to time, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. At least you got off easy on the last one and figured it out LOL. :happy107:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What has she been saying?

Mine has been whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Complaining really :) runs great but needs a bit of TLC, quite a bit haha
LOL Most recently she was complaining via large puffs of smoke out the tailpipe at startup. Luckily, it was just an old PCV valve that required a new valve cover. When it started happening I was thinking I was going to need a full on valve job considering all the symptoms I was experiencing so I felt fortunate on that end. Earlier in the summer the trans took a dump. So she's been talking but prior to the trans issue she'd been pretty trouble free on any major issues for several years so I really cannot complain. It's just the "fun" the comes with having high miles and preventative maintenance cannot prevent 100% of everything so it is what it is and the repairs to this point are still much cheaper than replacing her so looking forward is what we do :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Most recently she was complaining via large puffs of smoke out the tailpipe at startup. Luckily, it was just an old PCV valve that required a new valve cover. When it started happening I was thinking I was going to need a full on valve job considering all the symptoms I was experiencing so I felt fortunate on that end. Earlier in the summer the trans took a dump. So she's been talking but prior to the trans issue she'd been pretty trouble free on any major issues for several years so I really cannot complain. It's just the "fun" the comes with having high miles and preventative maintenance cannot prevent 100% of everything so it is what it is and the repairs to this point are still much cheaper than replacing her so looking forward is what we do :)

I'm glad it was a simple fix, well besides the new trans. I had a shift jr and stall installed and think that has helped prolong my trans at least I convinced myself that that is why haha.
Mine seems to be falling apart inside with annoying little issues. Passenger rear regulator failed and the dreaded free falling glass just about made me poop myself. This ongoing rattle in the back area I cant find for the life of me and the speaker connection in the door came loose so only the tweeters are working. Ever listen to your radio with just the highs? Not so fun. Oh and I need to replace my front passenger caliper and my coolant is leaking from the fitting off of the water pump. That's it :)
I agree, its just the fun of owning a high mileage vehicle. Thankfully, it is easy to work and maintain. I'm really not complaining just making a list of what to fix out loud. It is what it is, Ain't that the truth.
I love looking forward

07 black beauty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
243,230 miles on the ole girl. lot of things have happen to it since I last posted here.
I had to have transmission rebuilt, lost reverse (slipping).Then about two monthe later the
fuel pump went out. Then about three months after that AFM lifters turned their ugly head.
Luckily the cam was not damaged! After lifter replacement had AFM disabled, been good the last year now.

MnBry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe LTZ has 190,000 miles on it with the original 5.3 engine and original transmission. I am curious how many miles are on everyone else's vehicles and if they still have original equipment.

05 Denali XL with the 6.0 of course, all original, 268,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645