How har into your engine have you gone for performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I posted before, My previous was a vette, before that a F-150, then a Trans am before that, Both the Vette and TA had the same engine and they really tend to wake up with intake/exhaust.
I see most people here pretty much stop with just intake/exhaust, some have a programmer. Most people here say they aren't doing it for the MPG (my main reason for doing it personally), if not for MPG, why not go all out with full headers with cat delete, or hi flow cats (big bottleneck), ported TB/Intake/Pulley/Heads/Cam and GEARS, these trucks are in need of gearing! Wish they made it in a 6spd auto.
What lead me to post this is I was recently searching on here for stock dyno numbers and didn't come up with anything. After I get a good tune on my truck, I want to dyno it and although EVERY dyno is going to put out different numbers, I just wanted a baseline as to how much actual RWHP CAI/exhaust/and tune really gives. I'm willing to be only around 20-25 to the rear with most of the HP coming from the tune itself. BUT I love suprises which is why I wanted stock baseline dynos.
Anyone have any concrete stock baseline dyno's? Has anyone compared stock dyno with intake dyno or intake/exhaust?
Dyno numbers will not be as true with intake since the vehicle is tied down, but i'd expect to see a couple ponies due to the filter and tube assembly.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
are you a pirate? LOL HARRRRR! j/k

I have pretty much always stuck with bolt ons and computer retunes.

OP
OP
O

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you a pirate? LOL HARRRRR! j/k

I have pretty much always stuck with bolt ons and computer retunes.

lol, yea, I noticed that AFTER I posted and unfortunately, you cannot change the title!! Obviously meant "far".
That LS7 Tahoe is crazy! I'd imagine the engine alone is upwards of $25k though...
Is our transmisstion a weak link? I have heard this in the past I believe. Granted, I am not going to race this thing, I'ts food for though while towing.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
As I posted before, My previous was a vette, before that a F-150, then a Trans am before that, Both the Vette and TA had the same engine and they really tend to wake up with intake/exhaust.
I see most people here pretty much stop with just intake/exhaust, some have a programmer. Most people here say they aren't doing it for the MPG (my main reason for doing it personally), if not for MPG, why not go all out with full headers with cat delete, or hi flow cats (big bottleneck), ported TB/Intake/Pulley/Heads/Cam and GEARS, these trucks are in need of gearing! Wish they made it in a 6spd auto.
What lead me to post this is I was recently searching on here for stock dyno numbers and didn't come up with anything. After I get a good tune on my truck, I want to dyno it and although EVERY dyno is going to put out different numbers, I just wanted a baseline as to how much actual RWHP CAI/exhaust/and tune really gives. I'm willing to be only around 20-25 to the rear with most of the HP coming from the tune itself. BUT I love suprises which is why I wanted stock baseline dynos.
Anyone have any concrete stock baseline dyno's? Has anyone compared stock dyno with intake dyno or intake/exhaust?
Dyno numbers will not be as true with intake since the vehicle is tied down, but i'd expect to see a couple ponies due to the filter and tube assembly.

im sure money is a big issue with that. headers cam etc are easilly 2-4 thousand dollars. But I only did mild preformance mods cause I have a vette to play with.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
there are three or four forced induction guys hangin around, and a few more who are getting close....

like RT said, i think $$ i the biggest setback, i plan on long tubes and a cam in the next 6-8 months myself

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Whatever it takes for 600whp. Built plenty of engines, these are damn easy to work on and respond to mods very well. A cam will net some of the biggest gains for the money on these trucks.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
so ive heard, been putting the cam off because i cant seem to figure out what kind i need

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i really dont want to lose the top end though... i dont want to be on the highway and not be able to pass someone when im moving at 65 or 75... and for that matter, i do a LOT of highways miles so i do not want to lose my highway MPG's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts