How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy enough to be on my 3rd Tahoe in just under 16 months.

Alright maybe not the exact answer, nut you should get the idea.
Prior to the 2021,22 adYES a 23……Tahoe/ Yukon was always my first choice for rent, especially if long term. The 4WD was a must since I drive to Midlantic region in the winter. Only had to actually use 4WD twice but the times I did…….nothing else would do. Believe took 3 tries but finally got the 6.2 in the 2023 Premier. Even in North TX we get ice, snow, freezing rain so the 4I WD is going not exactly totally work free.

I might be slightly old school, but I purchase on only about two different Non Negotiable features……Color as in Blue/Grey/silver with Black interio. Drivetrain (4WD). Power plant and equipment load out can be somewhat negotiable depending on price, value, and treatmenT /respect as a customer and person.

With my extensive car purchases, there have been only two dealers that I considered the treatment and sales experience to warrant a second purchase from that dealership. First was in Maryland and if they were in TX, I would be all over them. The second was North TX. The 22 and 23 purchases were at same dealer.

Hope this helps, even if long winded. If any one is reading this post and thinking about a pu….Dint Cheap Out. Get as much as you can afford. Think of Features that everyone says they don’t want but once used they will come in handy. Especially factory or dealer only installed ones…..Remember you can’t send it back to Arlington plant in six months to add…moonroof, Cruise Control, bigger engine etc….

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 22 Tahoe LS for half a year. The only issues so far are one day when the radio controls stopped working, which I fixed by disconnecting the battery for a bit, and it hasn't happened again. The other is the rear window rattling when towing the Airstream, I think the air pressure at the front of the trailer is pushing the window in and compressing the seal, and the latch itself is rattling when this happens. I haven't yet figured out what to do about that...but we usually don't get too far from home with that trailer, so I can live with it.

I got the base model with only one option, which is still a rather luxurious and high tech ride, compared to the previous vehicles we've owned, none of them newer than 2012. If you keep getting modern cars all the time, I guess I could see why you might want something more, but that's not me, and I'm content with the cheap version. Oh...it also was delivered less than two months after ordering it, but it is missing the Park Assist, which I've never had on a vehicle, do I don't miss it at all.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be honest, I actually love my Tahoe. I usually get a new vehicle every year and I usually stick with Japanese product line, so this is my first time owning a Chevrolet... something I've said I would never do. I've always said the only Chevy I would consider buying is the Tahoe/Suburban. And this is the first time I've actually told myself I could stick this out for a little while longer. Now, that might be heavily influenced by the fact that I have <2% APR and I get factory employee pricing from GM and anything else I purchased right now would still be higher in price but now compiled with higher interest rates.

But I'm a tall dude, 6'5 all upper body. I had to order my Tahoe without the Pano roof because I don't fit in it, but this is the first vehicle I've had other than my 2018 Tundra that I fit comfortably in. I can actually sit up all the way straight in proper posture and literally not feel crammed or anything. It fits all the passengers I carry from time to time, as I prefer to drive.

I've not had a single issue with this vehicle other than wireless carplay losing connection here and there for a drive or two and the weird service rear axle issue that went no where.

Overall, it's a great vehicle and truly happy with it. My 2022 Z71 drives very smoothly, it's quiet, I can take it off the road if I wanted to and usually do in the summer. Overall, really enjoying my Tahoe. The only complaint I have currently is that I wish OnStar app allowed you to control the climate control with remote start AND that I don't have my heated steering wheel in this 30 degree weather due to my chip not being available LOL

EducatorDan

Reaction score
To be honest, I actually love my Tahoe. I usually get a new vehicle every year and I usually stick with Japanese product line, so this is my first time owning a Chevrolet... something I've said I would never do. I've always said the only Chevy I would consider buying is the Tahoe/Suburban. And this is the first time I've actually told myself I could stick this out for a little while longer. Now, that might be heavily influenced by the fact that I have <2% APR and I get factory employee pricing from GM and anything else I purchased right now would still be higher in price but now compiled with higher interest rates.

But I'm a tall dude, 6'5 all upper body. I had to order my Tahoe without the Pano roof because I don't fit in it, but this is the first vehicle I've had other than my 2018 Tundra that I fit comfortably in. I can actually sit up all the way straight in proper posture and literally not feel crammed or anything. It fits all the passengers I carry from time to time, as I prefer to drive.

I've not had a single issue with this vehicle other than wireless carplay losing connection here and there for a drive or two and the weird service rear axle issue that went no where.

Overall, it's a great vehicle and truly happy with it. My 2022 Z71 drives very smoothly, it's quiet, I can take it off the road if I wanted to and usually do in the summer. Overall, really enjoying my Tahoe. The only complaint I have currently is that I wish OnStar app allowed you to control the climate control with remote start AND that I don't have my heated steering wheel in this 30 degree weather due to my chip not being available LOL
If you want to know the BEST of what GM CAN do then you look at the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade and the pickups. Not that these have been completely trouble free for owners but its always seemed that GM put it's heart and soul as a company into these as opposed to some of the other POS that they've built over the years that seemed like they were just going through the motions. (And I say that having grown up in a GM family.)

jorgetoro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Enjoying mine all the time. Super comfy and has all we need. Experienced have been during some cold temps (freezing) some digital things go a little haywire. But when turned off and back on it goes away.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 RST 6.2 with 4WD in black. This is my 2nd Tahoe, both were equipped with the 6.2.

I love the thing I really do, but I've had a bunch of problems and I've only owned it since late July of this year.

It's been in the shop 3 times now for an ABS sensor issue on the right rear. First trip to the dealer was 2 weeks after I bought it and it only had 400 miles on it. 2nd trip was a couple months after that, and then the 3rd trip I took it to a different dealer and they practically brushed me off because the MIL was off by the time I could get it over to them. The first two trips they changed the sensor and released it back to me. 3rd time they said they drove it around but couldn't get it to do anything.

Just this morning my steering wheel volume controls died on me and cranked my radio all the way up. Switches weren't doing anything, and turning the knob on the dash would lower it, only for the system to take it back to max after you stop spinning the knob. It finally started working right after I got to work and played with the steering wheel volume switches for about a dozen times.

It's quite the story but for long trips its super comfortable, good amounts of power, and it has plenty of features that the wife loves. The only thing I wish it had was ACC (hoping the next truck will have Super Cruise) and cooled seats.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife has a '21 Denali XL with the diesel, she has 20k miles on it, she likes it.

I'm significantly underwhelmed on 3 counts
- it falls short on the luxury scale; European brands are light years ahead (we've had the Escalades, opted out due to how difficult they are to use 'the interior controls')
- drivability; it drives significantly larger then an X7 as example (I get that the denali is larger, but it drives like a bus when compared to an X7 which drives more like a grand tour car)
- warranty work; GMC is horrible, I have a GMC case open since Dec of '21 which they have not fixed.

For the $100k I'm meh, vs being excited to drive.
My last X5; I was excited to drive it has much on the last day of ownership as the first, I'm not getting that from this Denali.

Or a better summary, the Denali sits next to a Ram 1500 Diesel (normal Laramie trim, typical pickup loaded but not special).
The Ram gets more miles then the Denali for 3 reasons:
- Ram's hvac actually works (open case from '21 with GMC on this)
- Ram unlocks itself via passive entry vs GMC where you need to press button to unlock
- Ram is more nimble

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 RST 6.2 with 4WD in black. This is my 2nd Tahoe, both were equipped with the 6.2.

I love the thing I really do, but I've had a bunch of problems and I've only owned it since late July of this year.

It's been in the shop 3 times now for an ABS sensor issue on the right rear. First trip to the dealer was 2 weeks after I bought it and it only had 400 miles on it. 2nd trip was a couple months after that, and then the 3rd trip I took it to a different dealer and they practically brushed me off because the MIL was off by the time I could get it over to them. The first two trips they changed the sensor and released it back to me. 3rd time they said they drove it around but couldn't get it to do anything.

Just this morning my steering wheel volume controls died on me and cranked my radio all the way up. Switches weren't doing anything, and turning the knob on the dash would lower it, only for the system to take it back to max after you stop spinning the knob. It finally started working right after I got to work and played with the steering wheel volume switches for about a dozen times.

It's quite the story but for long trips its super comfortable, good amounts of power, and it has plenty of features that the wife loves. The only thing I wish it had was ACC (hoping the next truck will have Super Cruise) and cooled seats.

Cooled seats - in a Tahoe you have to step up to a Premier or High Country...Yukons have ventilated seats on SLTs and up

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife has a '21 Denali XL with the diesel, she has 20k miles on it, she likes it.

I'm significantly underwhelmed on 3 counts
- it falls short on the luxury scale; European brands are light years ahead (we've had the Escalades, opted out due to how difficult they are to use 'the interior controls')
- drivability; it drives significantly larger then an X7 as example (I get that the denali is larger, but it drives like a bus when compared to an X7 which drives more like a grand tour car)
- warranty work; GMC is horrible, I have a GMC case open since Dec of '21 which they have not fixed.

For the $100k I'm meh, vs being excited to drive.
My last X5; I was excited to drive it has much on the last day of ownership as the first, I'm not getting that from this Denali.

Or a better summary, the Denali sits next to a Ram 1500 Diesel (normal Laramie trim, typical pickup loaded but not special).
The Ram gets more miles then the Denali for 3 reasons:
- Ram's hvac actually works (open case from '21 with GMC on this)
- Ram unlocks itself via passive entry vs GMC where you need to press button to unlock
- Ram is more nimble
I honestly don’t understand why you would compare an x7 to a Yukon xl. I currently own an x7 m50i. The x7 is much MUCH smaller than the xl and even the regular Yukon/tahoe. It is the size of a Chevy traverse. It is definitely fun to drive, especially with the 4.4 tt v8.

The x7 is MUCH less roomy compared to a Yukon/XL/Tahoe. The cargo room in the x7 leaves a lot to be desired for its size. The jutting out arm rests for the third row significantly decreases the cargo room.

At 2000 miles I was already having issues with the power steering making squeaking noises. They replaced the whole system. The run flat tires that came with it last 10000 miles at most, and there are only 2 models that exist in the size I have. It is annoying to have to replace tires basically at every oil change.

I have owned a 2015 Tahoe and driven the 2021 tahoe and it maneuvers great for its size. I’m not sure why you would expect it to handle like a BMW sports vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16