How do you remove front door panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikebfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front driver side window will not go up. I guess I need to remove the front door panel to find the problem. How is the door panel removed on a 01 Yukon?

brassknucklemafia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re: door panel

not sure about '01 but i have '05. just had to take all panels off doors this morning to change handles.....there is a small screw just under the pull bar on the panel(its kinda hidden) also there is a second screw under the door lock sliding switch. using a putty knife or similiar.....pry off the sliding switch cover and the surround to the window switch and seperate (surround from switch).grasp the door panel firmly by the pull bar and pull straight up towards the window glass( careful to not yank like superman here) then seperate master switch panel from door using small screw driver to pry tabs to release the switches..also need to disconnect the door courtesy light from panel.... that should be it ......worked for me.. lemme know if this helps any.

OP
OP
M

mikebfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Slightly different screw location but info helped. Now I have to replace the
power window motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts