How do you disconnect the wire going into the rear blind spot detection unit mounted to the rear bumper? 2017 yukon denali xl...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bpm150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if some one could explain how to properly unplu the wire going into the blind spot detection unit in the rear bumper (driver side)

I see there is a red clip that slides out... However after I slide the red clip out and pull on the connector it still doesn't pull out... I do not want to pull on it too hard. I am wondering if there is anything else I need to do in order to pull the plug out. Is there something else holding it in? Do I need to put pressure in another spot or pry up in another area with a flat screw driver?

I just want to take a look at the connectors to check them for corrosion. Curious if my "service side view detection" error is something I can see an obvious issue without needing to get the codes scanned at the dealer.. ($160) diagnostic fee.

JamesLond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a picture?

If it looks the way I think, you might be able to use disconnect pliers on it (Lisle 37160 is a choice).

Other than that, there might be tab you need to push down on after sliding the clip out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts