How do I keep my horn from honking when I ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get out and close the door with the truck running, the horn beeps quick 2-3 times and its annoying. I looked through all settings and nothing seems to fix this.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No option to disable it. There is a long thread on here somewhere about it and so far no one has come up with a solution. I'm sure some custom programming can be done to get rid of it but so far nothing within the current feature set allows for it to be turned off.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's that annoying, what about shutting-off the engine whenever you step out of the vehicle?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's that annoying, what about shutting-off the engine whenever you step out of the vehicle?

Genius!

There are many situations where I, the driver, need step out of the vehicle while my fiance, or 2 kids, or 3 dogs stay in the running vehicle with the AC on. I'd prefer to not have to shut off my vehicle every time I step out of it.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Genius!

There are many situations where I, the driver, need step out of the vehicle while my fiance, or 2 kids, or 3 dogs stay in the running vehicle with the AC on. I'd prefer to not have to shut off my vehicle every time I step out of it.

In those cases, I've learned to just leave the fob behind with the wife.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one has sorted out the programming yet.
supposedly the 16 & up, have an option for it.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 Ford Fusion is set up the same way. If I get out of the car while it is running and take the key with me, the horn will honk twice to remind me that the car is still running.

I wonder if this is a federal requirement?

traveus

Reaction score
My 2015 Jeep renegade doesn't do that. Just a lilttle message on the screen saying the key fob has left the vehicle. I'm sure that gets pretty annoying. You could disconnect the horn, but defeats the purpose of a alarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one has sorted out the programming yet.
supposedly the 16 & up, have an option for it.
There is someone out there doing a re-program for this but you have to send in your BCM. I would just take the fob out of my pocket. That's what I do with the wife's hybrid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove