Hourmeter Reset!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redram99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took our Tahoe to the dealership for its final warranty checkup(what a FING joke) and somehow they managed to reset the engine hourmeter.

I asked them what was up with that and the service advsior just shrugged his shoulders and said "it just happens to some of them"

I then asked him to fix it and apparently they can't.

My worry is that when I go to sell the vehicle the new buyer is going to see the odometer @ 125,000 km and the hr meter @ 25hr and think that my tahoe has been messed with?

Anybody heard of this or any remmedies?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
What year Tahoe do you have?
That is some BS for them to do that (prob. on purpose) but they're is really nothing you can do, once somenthing like that is done, its done!:emotions122:

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took our Tahoe to the dealership for its final warranty checkup(what a FING joke) and somehow they managed to reset the engine hourmeter.

I asked them what was up with that and the service advsior just shrugged his shoulders and said "it just happens to some of them"

I then asked him to fix it and apparently they can't.

My worry is that when I go to sell the vehicle the new buyer is going to see the odometer @ 125,000 km and the hr meter @ 25hr and think that my tahoe has been messed with?

Anybody heard of this or any remmedies?

I know it sucks that they did it. But I'd be more worried if the mileage was low, but the engine time high. I guess you could let it idle for a few weeks:)

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they issues a sticker on the front crossmember that would say the odometer/hourmeter was changed by the dealer. They should also probably give you a statement to its hourmeter PRIOR to the reset. I had an dash cluster changed a few years back and thats the routine I got so that there was proof of no bs.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hr

The hour meter isn't a selling requirement, its just pretty to look at... relax... they just rolled back your clock! i'd ignore it...

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Mine's been reset twice; each time during a BCM reflash. I was told the hours can be entered manually if someone knows what they were prior to the reflash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700