Hood gap 03 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbsavage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty new here, and I'm sure this has been asked befor. I have a 2003 tahoe and has a horrible hood gap that I'm not sure how to fix, or if I can even fix it any tips on how to fix this would be amazing thanks in advance 20210505_073805.jpg 20210505_073821.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like your whole nose is hanging down. the hood looks even with the fenders but everything else is hanging down. aside from the paint peeling it looks like there some minor denting to the bumper. was there any front end damage aside from the bumper? there is some wiggle room with the top grill mounts. is the top attach points plastic clips or screws on that im not sure. if its screws you can try getting some washers under those screws. loosen them all and lift it up and push back on the top front and retighten everything. should close the gap a little.

OP
OP
Jbsavage

Jbsavage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks like your whole nose is hanging down. the hood looks even with the fenders but everything else is hanging down. aside from the paint peeling it looks like there some minor denting to the bumper. was there any front end damage aside from the bumper? there is some wiggle room with the top grill mounts. is the top attach points plastic clips or screws on that im not sure. if its screws you can try getting some washers under those screws. loosen them all and lift it up and push back on the top front and retighten everything. should close the gap a little.
There is some dents on the bumper I plan to replace it with a aftermarket winch bumper. But other then the dents there was no other damage that I have noticed. I just bought the Tahoe last weekend so havent really got to get into it to much. On the grill there is 2 plastic screw type holders and the rest is just the pop in clips. I just went and checked it lol.... I'm gonna tear it apart here in a little bit when it cools down some and see what I can do with it

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look very closely at the full radiator support top and bottom. not saying that's your problem but the marks on that bumper are very odd especially the lower valence. the paint generally comes off like that when a painted piece of plastic has been bent well beyond what the paint and continue to adhere too. if someone managed to catch the lower part of the radiator support it could also cause that. the general issue is just old weak plastic and its just leaning down due to years of trying to hold itself up.

OP
OP
Jbsavage

Jbsavage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took the bottom plastic off today, and the bolts on the bottom of the bumper are bent like 2 inchs. And it looks like there may even be a few other bent parts under there. So I will be replaceing the whole bumper with a move winch bumper and I may go as far as replaceing the radiator core support and everything in front of it just to make sure that if there is any thing bent it gets fixed thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts